First Month of Printing

Show off your prints, mods, etc.
claytony565

First Month of Printing

Postby claytony565 » Mon May 07, 2018 4:16 pm

Just thought I would share some of the results I have gotten after about a month or so of printing. I am using this printer at work for prototyping and visual aids and it has been working great. Most impressive print has been a functioning nut and bolt combo. Tolerances are great, I printed almost all components of a pump and the "bearings" fit perfectly into place. Layers are almost invisible using both the premium ABS and PLA from Rasie3D. It has been printing nonstop and the only issues have been user error. Overall a great printer!
Attachments
IMG_0678.JPG
IMG_0677.JPG
IMG_0676.JPG
IMG_0675.JPG

Vice Chief

Re: First Month of Printing

Postby Vice Chief » Sun May 13, 2018 5:10 am

Impressive prints. Did you print the bolt and nut just to try that out? I always try to use the real fasteners when possible.

claytony565

Postby claytony565 » Fri Jun 01, 2018 3:26 pm

Yes, just wanted to see if it was possible. I also scaled the entire thing down so the hole isn't necessarily fit for a standard fastener.

deibb

Postby deibb » Mon Jun 11, 2018 2:44 pm

claytony565 wrote:Yes, just wanted to see if it was possible. I also scaled the entire thing down so the hole isn't necessarily fit for a standard fastener.

I'm new with the Raise3d N2 plus printer (1 week of practice) and I'd really like to know what parameters did you use to get the bolt-nut system working. I have done other printings with a 250€ machine, and I got a great quality bolt-nut, but I'm not able with the N2 plus printer, which makes no sense. Attached you can see the difference (the black piece is the one of 250€). Any help is trully appreciated.
Attachments
IMG_20180607_162726374_HDR.jpg

claytony565

Postby claytony565 » Thu Jun 14, 2018 2:28 pm

deibb wrote:
claytony565 wrote:Yes, just wanted to see if it was possible. I also scaled the entire thing down so the hole isn't necessarily fit for a standard fastener.

I'm new with the Raise3d N2 plus printer (1 week of practice) and I'd really like to know what parameters did you use to get the bolt-nut system working. I have done other printings with a 250€ machine, and I got a great quality bolt-nut, but I'm not able with the N2 plus printer, which makes no sense. Attached you can see the difference (the black piece is the one of 250€). Any help is trully appreciated.

Well I had to use pretty coarse threads. I was printing a 5/8 - 11 bolt and nut scaled down to 60% (because that is what the rest of the print was) and that turned out to be too small. So I went back and I changed the thread pitch to 8 TPI instead of 11 and that worked well for me. I also scaled the bolt down to 58% and left the nut at 60% to accommodate for shrinkage. If I did it again I would only drop the bolt to 59% for a tighter fit. I did have problems with the ends of the threads beginning to curl upwards as it printed and I could see that being exaggerated on a larger bolt. Hope that helps.

Cheers.

Return to “User's Gallery”