Suddenly black Screen

Topics around mechanical design, controller and electronics. Mods & hacks welcome.
Vicky@Raise3D

Re: Suddenly black Screen

Postby Vicky@Raise3D » Mon Dec 25, 2017 4:10 am

Good to know.
Normally we call it power recovery function. It is designed for such kind of sudden power off cases. As long as the battery is fully-charged, it will be triggered automatically.

Iamkar33m

Postby Iamkar33m » Tue Dec 26, 2017 6:31 am

So the black screen issue happened again. In the middle of a 10hr print, I found the machine was powered on but not moving (as if it paused mid-print) and the tablet was off (black screen). I recycled the power and it recovered the print. However there is a severe layer shift where the print had paused, approx 1.5mm along the X axis.

I am extremely unhappy regarding the sudden influx of issues surrounding my printer after the firmware update. Please fix this.

- Kareem

EDIT: I know it isn’t an issue with my power supply since I have another brand printer on the same circuit that was printing at the exact same time and did not stop. Also I’ve installed a power meter in-line with the printer that shows there was steady power supplied at the time it had stopped.

Vicky@Raise3D

Postby Vicky@Raise3D » Tue Dec 26, 2017 8:18 am

It doesn't sound like a software problem. Since the 1.1.6 firmware is for motion board but not touchscreen board. And if needed, you can revert it back to the previous version 1.1.1. Attached the link: https://www.raise3d.com/pages/motion-co ... l-versions
For confirming the hardware problem, is it possible for you to set a camera beside the printer to check whether the LED strips have any flicking or not when the screen goes dark?

Iamkar33m

Postby Iamkar33m » Tue Dec 26, 2017 2:21 pm

I will put a camera on it for the next long print.

Iamkar33m

Postby Iamkar33m » Fri May 04, 2018 1:48 pm

After a few months without issues, the problem has re-surfaced. I have opened a support ticket: #2669 Screen goes black and printer stops mid-print

Vicky@Raise3D

Postby Vicky@Raise3D » Sat May 05, 2018 5:25 pm

Will ask the support team to help follow up.

Iamkar33m

Postby Iamkar33m » Sun May 06, 2018 1:44 am

Thank you Vicky, I have not heard back yet from them yet. I figured it wouldn't be before Monday.

- Kareem

Art88

Postby Art88 » Sun Jun 07, 2020 3:42 pm

Hello, I'm having the same problem with a new Raise Pro2 Plus
For long printing jobs, I found the machine with the black screen and the job paused, the platform and extruders remain hot, but there is no way to take out of black mode the touch screen. When I turn off and restart the machine everything is lost, there is no data of the job I was printing.
It happens three times now, I upgraded firmware, both (motion and touchscreen), we believed it was for the upgrading but I came back to a older version of touchscreen firmware and it happens again.

How can I solve this?

Vicky@Raise3D

Postby Vicky@Raise3D » Tue Jun 09, 2020 1:53 am

I can't confirm whether the issue is related to Touchscreen or Power Supply Unit. You may need to open a support ticket to contact our technicians.

Return to “Hardware”