Retrofit N2 with Pro series features

Topics around mechanical design, controller and electronics. Mods & hacks welcome.
Vicky@Raise3D

Re: Retrofit N2 with Pro series features

Postby Vicky@Raise3D » Fri May 04, 2018 5:51 am

Spikeysonic wrote:
Vicky@Raise3D wrote:Even if the base and the frame of the Pro2 are very similar to the N2, both printers are essentially different, targeting a different market, with different requirements and with a different price point. The cost of a possible upgrade from a N2 to a Pro2 printer would be extremely expensive.
Nevertheless, we are gathering all your feedback, and we are looking at the possibility of offering to N series Customers an upgrade of the extruder, end-stops and bed system, as well as the promised web-cam.
We will be working now in two parallel projects:
1. Analyse and test the upgrades from 3rd parties that are being recommended to N series printers (the most popular example is the BondTech extruder). Once approved, its installation will not void the warranty and, possibly, we will also include them in our portfolio.
2. We will check the feasibility and cost of using some components of Pro2 in N series and, if we are successful, propose an upgrade package.

Vicki what problems would the new machine solve as I got mine with the promise it could prinat all manner of materials and if you look up my username I have over 100 posts asking for help as its does none of these materials

We have already got your mail. Will analysis your problems and check what we can help from our side first.

TheKimster

Postby TheKimster » Fri May 04, 2018 5:30 pm

We NEED the lifting extruder system on the N2s, its their biggest flaw, i bought it because of the dual extrusion, but i see it as useless because of the scraping and oozing everywhere.
It is to the point where i never bothered putting the 2nd extruder back on after maintenance.

Spikeysonic

Postby Spikeysonic » Fri May 04, 2018 7:47 pm

TheKimster wrote:We NEED the lifting extruder system on the N2s, its their biggest flaw, i bought it because of the dual extrusion, but i see it as useless because of the scraping and oozing everywhere.
It is to the point where i never bothered putting the 2nd extruder back on after maintenance.

Can you elaborate on this please... looking to see if we shared problems, in particular with dual extrustion such as one extruder for a support material. Any luck with flexible ones?

TheKimster

Postby TheKimster » Fri May 04, 2018 10:44 pm

Spikeysonic wrote:
TheKimster wrote:We NEED the lifting extruder system on the N2s, its their biggest flaw, i bought it because of the dual extrusion, but i see it as useless because of the scraping and oozing everywhere.

Can you elaborate on this please... looking to see if we shared problems, in particular with dual extrustion such as one extruder for a support material. Any luck with flexible ones?

Well in general.
One nozzle will always scrape over the print when the other is in use, ruining finish, and even tobble over support material or thin features ect, and with the scraping even the smalles ooze gets "wiped" off on the print.

Im not gonna lie, had i known when i got into 3d printing that it would be an issue, i would never have bought it(N2+), its a shame because almost every other aspect of the printer has been pretty fenomenal, but i feel i paid for a pricy dual extruder printer, but what i got in the end was a single extruder, and those are available for 1/3 the price.

Spikeysonic

Postby Spikeysonic » Sat May 05, 2018 3:33 am

Kinda with you on this only unlike pretty much everyone here Im not a company owner or working for one, don't even have a job just benefits and little bits of bonus occasional film extra /background acting day work )£75-£150 (few a month) a day and a small game show win I scraped together, plus maxing out all my overdrafts, got about £400 loan I cannot still pay back off folks, for a first 3d printer in the hopes I could build a portfolio as am a mature graduate (went back aged 36) from an Industrial Design degree to try and get a graduate carrer to escape benefits with a few days a month work on top.

I wanted to get something I could really benefit from and the specs on the N2 dual looked way better than all the other printers bar the delta wasp ones at the 2016 TCT conference in the UK, ie biggest build size, enclosed, biggest material range, hottest temp, great touch screen, supposedly a camera and in particular was looking for something that would do dual prints with flexible materials like ninjaflex. Negotiated what I thought was an amazing deal gettign several hundred knocked of it and an insant trip home... on the train witht the only raise 3d printer there.

Only its no good if it does not work to produce anything other than PLA prints, pretty much single extruder and any attempt to do anything else results bloobs, ;attices, shedded prints, grinded material, jams (which have resulted in having to replace 2 hot ends) , a big hole in the build tack and stress for a years attmept to use it and a month with no stop beggign for help here and vai email

Scapped all I had for a premium product and would have had more luck with a rep rap pla machine costing 1/10 of the price

meins

Postby meins » Mon May 07, 2018 11:06 am

I also want a upgrade kit to the new Features for my N2. I have a dual extruder but it is unusable. I need a lot of hours to adjust the head. The screw is sooo filigree to fix the head and there is no adjust screw to get an exact position level.
It would be great if Raise3D release a heat Lifting System for the N2
Webcam is a nice feature but not essential. I think there is no difference between mecanical oder optical . I gread feature would be a automatical z adjust System.

bakeng

Postby bakeng » Fri May 18, 2018 9:39 pm

I also would like an upgrade kit.
Actually, I just got my N2 today. Would have got the pro buts it’s not available through Amazon.
After reading these problems, and seeing the dual extruded problems first hand I think I’ll jump ship and just return it.
It’s a shame, it is a well built machine. But Ultimaker has all the pro features and more. Plus you can buy it from Amazon.

Ken

Postby Ken » Sun Jun 03, 2018 9:55 pm

Any news on extruder lifting upgrade for N2??

geekhands

Postby geekhands » Wed Jun 13, 2018 3:49 am

I'd be interested in replacing the bed system and the dual extruder from the Pro 2/Pro 2+ on my N2 Plus.

Jetguy

Postby Jetguy » Thu Jun 14, 2018 1:43 am

Raise3D what's up with a distributor having parts and pricing, and we cannot get upgrade parts or even replacement Pro2 parts listed in the official store?

https://www.bilby3d.com.au/DispProd.asp ... ainR3Dpro2
https://www.bilby3d.com.au/DispProd.asp ... dStopR3Dv3

Pro2 hotends
https://www.bilby3d.com.au/DispProd.asp ... otEndR3Dv3

Pro2 build plate
https://www.bilby3d.com.au/DispProd.asp ... ptBedR3Dv3
heating pad
https://www.bilby3d.com.au/DispProd.asp ... atBedR3Dv3

Charles

Postby Charles » Thu Jun 14, 2018 2:03 am

wow, a lot of stuff is on that site, even the replacement clear "hood"

EastBaked

Postby EastBaked » Thu Jun 14, 2018 4:55 pm

Indeed, pretty crazy to see all the spare parts listed on this website for both the new n2 and the "old" versions.
A bit disappointing to see that these are sold to distributors as spares, but how little selection we have available on the official website..
Any updates on when we can hope to see a fairly extensive inventory of spare parts listed on the Raise 3D store like on that distributor one?

Vice Chief

Postby Vice Chief » Thu Jun 14, 2018 5:08 pm

Aren't they all out of stock? This is probably just a distributor who got all the SKUs in advance.

Alex M.

Postby Alex M. » Thu Jun 14, 2018 5:30 pm

Vice Chief wrote:Aren't they all out of stock? This is probably just a distributor who got all the SKUs in advance.

Yes, but at least they seem to have a time frame.
It says:
"We've sold out!
Expect more in 5 weeks"

But then again, it begs the question, 5 weeks from when?

AGMech

Postby AGMech » Fri Jul 06, 2018 10:50 am

Hi I just wanted to add I would also be interested in the extruder upgrade for the N2 as well to make it into the machine it could have been and should have been (and sold as!) as i have never had a successful print using both extruders! very disappointed as it is only really any use with one extruder (but the quality is good when only using one extruder). So is there any news of when or if it would be available?

Return to “Hardware”