Support Settings

Share your successful printing settings with others here. If you have any question about the parameters or printing skills of some filament, please find here.
Creative Grind

Support Settings

Postby Creative Grind » Sat Feb 11, 2017 4:27 am

Hello Raisers,

Okay, so this has now happened twice in the same exact spot. It appears at a certain height this support gets knocked over. The support itself is strong but it broke twice at the base of the raft. This is going on my 5th or 6th print of this mask. Any suggestions?
20170210_230059.jpg
20170210_230126.jpg
20170210_230150.jpg

This is the complete model. The print is upside down:
print_concept.jpg

Vicky@Raise3D

Re: Support Settings

Postby Vicky@Raise3D » Sat Feb 11, 2017 2:36 pm

You may need to add more support. There seems too much overhang structure on your model.
Try smaller pillar size. It will generate more support pillars under little details. Or manual add more support for all the empty place.

checktest

Postby checktest » Mon Feb 13, 2017 5:48 pm

You could also try changing "Vertical Offset Down Layers" from the default of 1 to 0, so there is no layer gap between the bottom of the support and the raft. You may have more difficulty getting the support off the part if you have any areas where the support bases start on the part itself instead of the build plate / raft (if I'm understanding that setting correctly).

Dimorgoniv

Postby Dimorgoniv » Mon Oct 02, 2017 4:48 pm

I am having the exact same problem over and over again. I have been playing with settings but still have issue on taller supports where once one of the supports goes it creates a cascading failure and takes out adjacent supports then a lot of spaghetti. When I print the same models on my makerbots they print with no issues but on both of my Raise 3D N series printers I keep getting the same failures. All other prints on the Raise Printers come out just fine it is only those with longer supports. I'm pretty sure it is in the settings somewhere. Any suggestions on what I should be adjusting to either get the support to adhere better to the raft and/or the Model?

Brandon

Postby Brandon » Mon Oct 02, 2017 7:34 pm

If you haven't already please try the method discussed below.

Vicky@Raise3D wrote:You may need to add more support. There seems too much overhang structure on your model.
Try smaller pillar size. It will generate more support pillars under little details. Or manual add more support for all the empty place.

If you are still having a problem please open ticket in our system here:

http://help.raise3d.com/support/tickets/new

Please provide some pictures or video of your issue in the ticket so we may address your individual needs.

Return to “Printing Settings”