Marlin 1.1.0 Unofficial firmware version 1.2.1.1

New section for each individual opensource software discussion.
firesped

Marlin 1.1.0 Unofficial firmware version 1.2.1.1

Postby firesped » Wed Jul 19, 2017 10:39 pm

Unofficial firmware version 1.2.1 revision 1

Version History

v1.2.1.1
•Fixed a issue with the bed. I forgot to define the PIDTEMPBED.

v1.2.1
•Updated firmware to support M301 command (PID AUTOTUNE) run from the touchscreen, touchscreens using raisepack 0.9.2

v1.2.0
•Updated Settings for N-Series printers to the Official Marlin version 1.1.0. Previous firmware for N-Series was built on Official Marlin version 1.0.2
•Added protocol so touchscreen can talk to the motion controller. The code for this is extensive.
•Added code to printer status, making requirement of SDcard support, not needed. Saving memory and processing power.
•SDSUPPORT NOT ENABLED
•REPRAP FULL GRAPHIC SMART CONTROLLER not enabled. If you are using one of these devices now, you will need to configure a firmware for it.
•EEPROM is enabled.
•Primary configuration options are N1, N2, N2PLUS, DUAL, EXT0_STEPE and EXT1_STEPE. These options are all located at new the beginning of the configuration.h file.
•N1, N2, N2PLUS set the print area
•DUAL sets the number of extruders to 2 and enables distinctive e factors.
•EXT0_STEPE and EXT1_STEPE set the distinctive axis units per set for EXT0 and EXT1.

Repository on GITHUB
https://github.com/Firesped/Marlin-Rais ... Unofficial

Compiled firmware versions
These are configured as per the normal configuration of the printers.
-DUAL extruders
-ESTEP set to 94
-printer areas set to sizes based on the printer.

N1 - https://drive.google.com/file/d/0B0Jdoo ... sp=sharing
N2 - https://drive.google.com/file/d/0B0Jdoo ... sp=sharing
N2 PLUS - https://drive.google.com/file/d/0B0Jdoo ... sp=sharing

I have created a support topic here viewtopic.php?f=9&t=2153 Please post issues there. Same thread as before.

I went to do PID bed tuning on my printer using gcode files saved with the command. since we have the serial log this is possible. printer reported extruder not found and I realized my issues.

I removed the old firmware version. links lead to the new ones.
RL name: Michael Nolen
printers:
raise3D N2 kickstarter Early Bird
Trinus Deluxe (running smoothieware on Azteeg X5 GT board)
Monoprice Maker Select v2

firesped

Re: Marlin 1.1.0 Unofficial firmware version 1.2.1.1

Postby firesped » Thu Jul 20, 2017 12:12 am

updated version 1.2.2. got the filament sensor code to work.
On top of this, I added new gcodes, F0 and F1. I could not get them to work as a single command at this time. If I can figure that out, I may merge them.

F0 S0 - turns off E0 sensor
F0 S1 - turns on E0 sensor
F0 N0 - sets E0 sensor to Normally Open.
F0 N1 - sets E0 sensor to Normally Closed.

F1 S0 - turns off E1 sensor
F1 S1 - turns on E1 sensor
F1 N0 - sets E1 sensor to Normally Open.
F1 N1 - sets E1 sensor to Normally Closed.

The idea behind this is, to turn the sensor on in the start code and turn it off in the end code. We don't need to have the second sensor on when not using extruder 1. (right side)
printers:

EldRick

Postby EldRick » Fri Jul 21, 2017 9:42 pm

I've found two issues with this SW - both versions:

- The heated buildplate will not get all the way to the set temperature. Watching the red light reflected from the back of the buildplate while heating using 1.1.1, it stays solid red while heating. With your 1.2.1 and 1.2.1.1 it flickers and never stays on constantly, and winds up a couple of degrees short of the setpoint.

- It will Not Stop a print. It says Stopping... and hangs forever.

Back to 1.1.1 for me, since 1.2.1 has no apparent advantage other than prototype filament monitor support.

sylus

Postby sylus » Sat Jul 22, 2017 1:36 pm

Have you tested 1.2.2 with Raisepack 0_9_3_108?

firesped

Postby firesped » Sat Jul 22, 2017 6:54 pm

I'm running raisepack 0.9.3.1084 as it fixed other issues. I have not seen what it does for a filament outage yet.

running a calibration print to find the bed center. which is key for leveling, imo.

I've been able to stop mine but it is not instant. I can see if I can turn on settings that speed up the process. Does it eventually stop or does it the touch screen freeze and require a reboot?

Stopping a print is difficult because you are dealing with a stack buffer. the motion controller has to get to the stop command so It has to process everything sent to it before that.

emergency parser is enabled. but it only handles the M108, M112 and M410.

M108 is extruder speed. So with this firmware, changing the feed rate will be faster.

I know pause will home the head on this firmware. not sure if that is the firmware or the newer touchscreen

gcode M112 is emergency stop. now the question is raise using it or is the expected dialog wrong and I need to fix it. I'll have to check this out.

gcode M410 is quickstop, seems to be a new function. It will stop everything with no deceleration. steppers expected to be out of position.

I'll have to see what raise is using when it stops
printers:

firesped

Postby firesped » Sat Jul 22, 2017 7:14 pm

also note, I have posted much of newer files over the past few days to fix things I didn't spot on 1.2.2 right away.
printers:

firesped

Postby firesped » Sat Jul 22, 2017 7:29 pm

note, I just tested on my printer but hitting stop was dang near instant on this firmware. I'll have to run a print with 1.1.1 and see how fast it works on that.
printers:

EldRick

Postby EldRick » Sat Jul 22, 2017 8:42 pm

The Stop issue may be related to the Use Fast Stop setting. It works OK with 1.1.1, but hung the machine with 1.2.1.x

firesped

Postby firesped » Sat Jul 22, 2017 9:04 pm

just redid my thermal pads, hope I did it right. applied glue to glass plate, wet it down, smeared it around. not I got my bed set to 100 c to dry it.

what I can tell right now is that the bed light indicates the heater Is turned on. So the question is, why is the bed light on in marlin 1.0.2 (raise3d firmware 1.1.1) verus blinking a lot in marlin 1.1.0 (unofficial firmware 1.2.1.1)? my guess is that the code is better and reacting faster to the thermocouple in the HBP. As to why your printer is showing lower bed temp, you probably need to run PID autotuning on the bed.

This is actually kind of funny how it works on the 0.9.2 or 0.9.3 raisepack.
you create a gcode file named bed pid autotune.gcode (or what ever you want to call it).
It contains a single line of code.

M303 E-1 S60 C8

Why 60 and not 100? PID autotuning will jump the temperature for tuning. If you try to tune it to 100, it will likely exceed the max temperature and force a shutdown on the printer for a MAXTEMP error.

Here is the funny part of the operation. the touchscreen is going to know that PID tuning is running and it is going to go into PID autotune mode. It WILL show the bed temp as extruder 0 (left side). It will say max temp 240, it will not reach 240. It will only goto 60 because it is actually doing the bed. This is because of the code changes to make the firmware work with the touchscreen that it reports this way.

this is the default bed PID information.

#define DEFAULT_bedKp 10.00
#define DEFAULT_bedKi .023
#define DEFAULT_bedKd 305.4

PID tuning on my bed came back like this.

#define DEFAULT_bedKp 167.37
#define DEFAULT_bedKi 29.19
#define DEFAULT_bedKd 239.93

to note I have my bed modded for spring leveling. meaning I don't have the Z carriage plate reflecting heat back at my bed.

went to update to the 1.1.1 firmware and realized on my printer that would be a bad idea without a custom build of it. My X and Y dir is inverted on my printer.
printers:

firesped

Postby firesped » Sat Jul 22, 2017 9:04 pm

let me check out what fast stop option is doing.
printers:

firesped

Postby firesped » Sat Jul 22, 2017 9:19 pm

changing z probe offset did not correct for the off center print. is this ideamaker doing it?

it's not ideamaker, but I figured it out. the bed is 330mm by 340mm. the print area is 305mm by 305mm. to print something in the center, need for bed leveling calibration prints, you need to offset the print by +17mm X and +16.5mm Y.
printers:

Return to “Software”