Print Quality

Share your successful printing settings with others here. If you have any question about the parameters or printing skills of some filament, please find here.
treyco

Print Quality

Postby treyco » Tue Jul 17, 2018 3:44 pm

My first foray into 3D printing is my Dremel 3D45. I get really good prints from it and can print down to .05mm heights. However, it's a single extruder and several of my prints could benefit from the supports that could be created with a dual extruder setup. So I bought a Pro 2. I have to say that I am struggling a great deal with this printer just to get it to give me a good quality print from a single extruder that will come close to what I can get from my Dremel. I have tried many adjustments and different brands of filament. I am just trying to get PLA to work right now but the quality is mediocre at best. I've read here that so many of you have gotten such great prints, can someone tell me what is the trick?

maxamillo

Re: Print Quality

Postby maxamillo » Thu Jul 19, 2018 6:46 pm

Any number of things can cause a "bad" print. Layer height, layer speed, bed temperature, extruder temperature, nozzle distance, etc. Unfortunately, there isn't a magic formula to get a good print.

DS2017

Re: Print Quality

Postby DS2017 » Fri Jul 20, 2018 6:38 pm

Take a picture of a print and show it to us here.

Return to “Printing Settings”