R3D Premium PLA Art White vs. White

Share your successful printing settings with others here. If you have any question about the parameters or printing skills of some filament, please find here.
Cari

R3D Premium PLA Art White vs. White

Postby Cari » Sat Jul 14, 2018 3:15 am

I'm a student and we have two new N2 printers at school that I've been using for a project. I've been getting successful prints with the White Prem. PLA filament with the extruder temp. set between 196-205 for the first raft layer as well as the first layer of the model and then I bring it down to 180-198 (depending on the spool). I keep the bed set at 60. When I switched over to Art White Prem. PLA, both printers clogged. One happened after about an hour and with the other it was almost immediate. When I first noticed the output start to thin, I stepped up the nozzle temp in 5-10 deg increments until I hit 240 and then stopped. I unloaded the Art White and reloaded the White. One printer started working again fine and the other is still blocked. Any idea what happened or what I can do to make the Art White work? We're using the .4 nozzles, I believe.

Vicky@Raise3D

Re: R3D Premium PLA Art White vs. White

Postby Vicky@Raise3D » Wed Jul 18, 2018 6:00 pm

Have you tried to print with a little bit higher temperature? Like 5-10 degree higher than premium.

dinogoal

Re: R3D Premium PLA Art White vs. White

Postby dinogoal » Sat Jul 21, 2018 8:55 pm

I have been having problems with the new Art White as well. Between two clogged nozzles and multiple first layer adhesion issues, I've lost over 80 hours of prints already. It appears the Art White is from a different vendor than what was shipped when I ordered my Pro2 in June. I was told it was for "quality improvements" but to me it feels and acts like far inferior filament than the older filament. I did not experience any of these problems with the two spools of the old material.

I cranked up the print temperature to 215C for the latest prints, but the nozzle still clogged and I there were a lot of artifacts and blobs throughout the print. Has anyone else been able to print this material successfully for long prints? Any suggestions?

Return to “Printing Settings”