Z Hop Value Suggestions, Reasons Why, Philosophy

Share your successful printing settings with others here. If you have any question about the parameters or printing skills of some filament, please find here.
Timon

Z Hop Value Suggestions, Reasons Why, Philosophy

Postby Timon » Mon Jun 25, 2018 12:43 am

Hello everyone,

I want to give the z hop option a change, since I do run into the issue of prints being tipped over frequently. After looking around for a while I have found some suggestions of what value to use for it here and there, but hardly with any explenation to why one would use this and not a different vaule. E.g. somebody suggested to go as high as the layer hight.

I would love you guys to share your values with me, and it would be wonderful to know why exactly you suggest this vaule. So kind of explain your philosophy behind your settings.

Thank you.

Cheers,
Timon

Casale8

Re: Z Hop Value Suggestions, Reasons Why, Philosophy

Postby Casale8 » Mon Jun 25, 2018 2:28 pm

I use .1mm on my hop. The only reason I use it when I do use it is to prevent from the top surfaces having a trace swept across it during travel. This is all I need to not add a lot of time to the print, but also enough to not leave a trace on the print surface.
-SCC
“One man's "magic" is another man's engineering. "Supernatural" is a null word.” -R.A.Heinlein

Timon

Re: Z Hop Value Suggestions, Reasons Why, Philosophy

Postby Timon » Mon Jun 25, 2018 10:46 pm

Thank you Casale8, I'll note that down :)

Return to “Printing Settings”