How to Improve Speed with default extruders

Share your successful printing settings with others here. If you have any question about the parameters or printing skills of some filament, please find here.
MedClub1

How to Improve Speed with default extruders

Postby MedClub1 » Fri Jun 22, 2018 7:02 pm

I have a N2 plus dual extruder. I am printing an object that is 12x3x3, with the 4mm nozzle. The layer thickness is 14mm. The factory settings are all default. When I tried to change a couple settings of per second print times, I got a stringy part.

I want to improve the print time, because it estimates 18 hours. Any suggestions on how to balance the density of the object with speed and reliability?
Attachments
IMG_9931.jpg

OncologyEngineer

Re: How to Improve Speed with default extruders

Postby OncologyEngineer » Tue Jul 03, 2018 10:17 pm

Hi MedClub1,

It's a bit of a shame that no one has replied to your question, and I'm by far no where good enough to answer your question because the default speed seems SO slow and I'm sure that literally everyone will have the same one.

Anyway, have a look at the following pictures that I currently have for 3rd party PLA. I have also set the bed height at 0.25 mm with feeler gauges. There may be slight differences with the layout of my pages to your version of Ideamaker.

It's not fast enough for what I need but it is faster than the orignal settings and mostly by trial and error.

More than happy for others to look, compare and let me know how I can improve further. For instance, when I make retraction above 2.0 the bottom layer is barely there!

Cheers, Onc Eng
Attachments
Settings.zip
(792.69 KiB) Downloaded 7 times
Last edited by OncologyEngineer on Wed Jul 04, 2018 2:25 am, edited 3 times in total.
N2+ dual standard
Based in Sydney, Australia

Chris@Raise3D

Re: How to Improve Speed with default extruders

Postby Chris@Raise3D » Tue Jul 03, 2018 11:47 pm

Decreasing print times can be tricky depending on the model, material, and template used. I would recommend starting with the "speed" template in ideaMaker, then fine tuning it from there.

Return to “Printing Settings”