Z Hop at the end

Share your successful printing settings with others here. If you have any question about the parameters or printing skills of some filament, please find here.
stevetriple

Z Hop at the end

Postby stevetriple » Fri Jun 22, 2018 4:52 pm

Hi everyone, I want to say to my N2 that after the print has ended it has to raise up 10mm before going to home position. This because even if I have zhop enable the nozzle leave one scar on the printed surface when it ends printing. What do I have to put in the gcode?
thanks

Jetguy

Re: Z Hop at the end

Postby Jetguy » Fri Jun 22, 2018 5:20 pm

OK, so in a profile you would go to the gcode tab under advanced, and you want to edit the ending gcode.
Ideamaker ending gcode edit.jpg

This is the original gcode as shown above

Code: Select all

M104 T0 S0
M104 T1 S0
M140 S0
G91
G1 E-1 F300
G1 Z+0.5 E-5 X-20 Y-20 F{travel_xy_speed}
G28 X0 Y0
M84
G90

However, you want it to go 10mm lowering the bed VS the current setting of "Z+0.5"mm.
So, it's as simple as changing that line to
G1 Z+10 E-5 X-20 Y-20 F{travel_xy_speed}

Just so you know, the reason why this works is most of the print gcode is absolute positioning. When you see a coordinate in absolute, it is the actual distance from 0. Example is, Z100 is 100mm from homed position 0mm. However, the key is the G91 that changes the positional coordinate mode to relative- relative meaning this move is relative to your last position AKA current position. Also of note, the firmware enforces soft maximum limit as long as the printer was homed and since a print homes at the start and never disabled the steppers then it can assume it knows where it is and where max is. Just saying, say on an N2 with a 305mm Z max limit, and you print an object 299mm tall, and you add this 10mm gcode to the ending gcode, it's not going to crash the printer. It's going to not go the full 10mm, but will go 305mm max Z and stop.

Return to “Printing Settings”