Time lapse question

Share your successful printing settings with others here. If you have any question about the parameters or printing skills of some filament, please find here.
Anthonyvanv

Time lapse question

Postby Anthonyvanv » Fri Jun 15, 2018 6:02 pm

I couldn’t find any documentation about the camera on the pro 2 or the pro 2 Plus. I finally found how to watch a time lapse video on the actual printers screen (under print/dashboard) but the only options I have are to play, close, or delete)
On the idea maker software, under the same menu location, it doesn’t show the video.

My question is, is there a way to view or transfer the video files to my computer, either via WiFi or usb? Or are my videos trapped forever on a 7inch screen that only I can view?

Bonus question, is there a way to focus the camera?

Jetguy

Re: Time lapse question

Postby Jetguy » Fri Jun 15, 2018 6:08 pm

I think you missed it when I said- you users asking for the camera feature, well I was a beta tester and I said back then you are not going to be happy with the features.

NO, you can only view it on the printer and there is no transfer function.

Jetguy

Postby Jetguy » Fri Jun 15, 2018 6:11 pm

To focus the camera, you would have to turn the lens on the front of it. These are just simple little camera modules with fixed focus. That lens might be glued from the factory to prevent it from loosening.
You might have to remove the housing to best make the adjustment.

Anthonyvanv

Postby Anthonyvanv » Fri Jun 15, 2018 6:15 pm

oh okay. NBD. Maybe someday they will add it.

Jetguy

Postby Jetguy » Fri Jun 15, 2018 6:17 pm

Again, Pro2 details asked before it even shipped:
viewtopic.php?f=2&t=7107&p=28383&hilit=video#p28383
Postby Vicky@Raise3D » Wed Apr 04, 2018 1:19 pm
Jetguy wrote:
What resolution is the camera?
What resolution is actual video feed?
What resolution are still pictures?

Still picture goes up to QXGA (2048*1536). Video feed goes up to SXGA (1280*1024). But considering the USB bandwidth and network traffic, we limit it to be 320*240.

Jetguy wrote:
Can you transfer or capture the timelaspe? (beta could only be viewed on the printer)

For security reason, it is not allowed to be exported. In our plan, we will provide a separate and secure platform later to let everyone login and view remotely. We will share more information later this year.

Jetguy

Postby Jetguy » Fri Jun 15, 2018 6:20 pm

Anthonyvanv wrote:oh okay. NBD. Maybe someday they will add it.

No, it is a "big deal". You have a huge group of owners of the previous N series spanning over 2 years waiting for a promised camera, then it only shows up on the Pro2 series, and then even when you get it, you find out many of the things users might want, they do not work.

What's worse, realize that again, there were beta testers giving feedback, telling Raise 3D that for the camera to work within user expectations there were problems, and yet what was implemented was not far off from what I beta tested.

Jetguy

Postby Jetguy » Fri Jun 15, 2018 6:38 pm

Anthonyvanv wrote:oh okay. NBD. Maybe someday they will add it.

Sorry, I didn't mean any of this to be a snap at you a new user, just trying to show frustration with the situation, that we have asked for better features, you are not alone to be a little unhappy with "my videos trapped forever on a 7inch screen that only I can view?".
At the same time, this was bound to come up "is there a way to focus the camera?".

Just saying, again, while there are things I like or even love about Raise 3D printers and the touchscreen user interface, and even some days the overall printer, there are also things lacking- documentation, technical guidance, self help support documents, good FAQs, upgrades for existing customers, repair parts for the Pro2 series......

Korni

Postby Korni » Fri Jun 15, 2018 8:53 pm

Jetguy wrote:
Just saying, again, while there are things I like or even love about Raise 3D printers and the touchscreen user interface, and even some days the overall printer, there are also things lacking- documentation, technical guidance, self help support documents, good FAQs, upgrades for existing customers, repair parts for the Pro2 series......

Yes that's right ... very disappointing. ... Hardly any documentation, technical instructions, self-help documents (look ZORTRAX), no spare parts (for example nozzles) to acquire. Raise3D still has a lot to learn (Zortrax) and will lose customers or not win :oops: :evil:
And that the camera in Pro2 is not fully supported and only in Ideamaker is visible, bordered by fraud

Return to “Printing Settings”