Part Shifting On Glass Bed

Share your successful printing settings with others here. If you have any question about the parameters or printing skills of some filament, please find here.
wo4sunhao

Part Shifting On Glass Bed

Postby wo4sunhao » Mon May 07, 2018 11:09 pm

I found out the reason why my parts shifted after doing a video record. The reason is that the extruder drug the whole parts move in a certain distance and direction. To be more clear, the parts did not move at all it stick hard on the glass, but the glass that hold parts move a little bit. So I wonder how do you guys fix the glass on your printer or how avoid the extruder drag parts?

jetdillo

Re: Part Shifting On Glass Bed

Postby jetdillo » Tue May 08, 2018 4:44 am

wo4sunhao wrote:I found out the reason why my parts shifted after doing a video record. The reason is that the extruder drug the whole parts move in a certain distance and direction. To be more clear, the parts did not move at all it stick hard on the glass, but the glass that hold parts move a little bit. So I wonder how do you guys fix the glass on your printer or how avoid the extruder drag parts?

I make sure the glass is seated against the clips in the back, then place binder clips on the left and right side at the midpoint, with a single clip in the center along the front edge of the glass plate.

tja

Re: Part Shifting On Glass Bed

Postby tja » Thu May 10, 2018 9:42 pm

It only seems to happen for me when I'm printing multiple items. I was printing a dozen or so items one day and the collision was so energetic that it pushed the glass bed out of the printer! Since then I print fewer items at a time and double up on the binder clips along the sides and front of the glass sheet.

Does anyone know why it happens? Why an otherwise well setup printer should collide with the item being printed, in what seems to be a random event?

Return to “Printing Settings”