Wipe Wall and Nozzle Temp Settings

Share your successful printing settings with others here. If you have any question about the parameters or printing skills of some filament, please find here.
jkemsley

Wipe Wall and Nozzle Temp Settings

Postby jkemsley » Fri Apr 20, 2018 7:54 am

Hi All

Wondering if it was possible to turn off nozzle heating, and remove the wipe wall past a certain point when printing.

2 colour prints, with only a small amount of the second colour, early on in the print. So my thinking is that once the second colour is finished, turn off the second nozzle and stop the wipe wall.

Thinking this would wave some time not having to print a wipe wall, and have minimal ooze risk, as the nozzle will be cooled.

Any thoughts or assistance would be appreciated.

Vicky@Raise3D

Re: Wipe Wall and Nozzle Temp Settings

Postby Vicky@Raise3D » Fri Apr 20, 2018 10:46 am

Temperature Control List and Per-layer Setting can help.
1.png
2.png

jkemsley

Postby jkemsley » Fri Apr 20, 2018 12:51 pm

Thanks for the info

I assume those would need to be set in the slicer template each time? i.e. there's not an automatic way of doing it?

Is it just a case of setting the temperature to zero, and unticking the wipe wall box on whichever layer you require?

Vicky@Raise3D

Postby Vicky@Raise3D » Mon Apr 23, 2018 8:16 am

If you have edited the slicing settings for temperature list under Advanced for some height, it will be always there, unless you change Printer and Filament Type.
For turn off the WipeWall, it is not unticking the WipeWall for some height. But tick Enable WipeWall for the height you need WipeWall under Pre-Layer Settings.

If you change your model to be another one with different structure, please do remember to update the height settings in these two pages. Or it will still use the height you set for the previous model.

Return to “Printing Settings”