Fan always at 100 %

Share your successful printing settings with others here. If you have any question about the parameters or printing skills of some filament, please find here.
javier.p

Fan always at 100 %

Postby javier.p » Tue Mar 13, 2018 6:06 pm

Hi to everyone,

I was reading the forum for a while since I bought my N2 dual but now its time to make my first post.

Im trying to print flexible materials and Im having some issues (like most of you). Finally I think I can print at 60 % of failures, which is not good...

One problem I have is that I set the fans to 0 in ideamaker but once I start to print they are always working at 100 % and I dont know why.
When the machine is working in the settings in the touch screen fan speed also appear at 0 and when I modify it nothing happen!

I read something about the ribbon cable but my cable is ok.

Thanks to everyone.

Vicky@Raise3D

Re: Fan always at 100 %

Postby Vicky@Raise3D » Wed Mar 14, 2018 4:10 am

Both the cooling fans beside nozzles on dual-extruder machine are constant-on, which means they are keeping running at 100% and are not controllable. Because they are not only designed for model cooling but also for throat tube cooling. If turn off it by mistake during heating or printing, the filament will stuck in throat tube which is very hard to clean out.
Only the downward model cooling fan on single-extruder machine is code-controllable.

javier.p

Postby javier.p » Wed Mar 14, 2018 11:57 pm

thanks vicky@raise3d, now Im having some problems of under extrusion flexible materials and Im sure that the problem is that the filament stucks in the throat tube, is there something I can do to improve this performance? I read a lot of flexible filaments in other posts but, Im thinking that maybe drilling the throat tube incresing the diameter to 2.2 mm could work.

Vicky@Raise3D

Postby Vicky@Raise3D » Thu Mar 15, 2018 2:25 am

If the flexible filament goes soft too early before reaching to the melting zone, you may need to consider whether it is due to not enough melting temperature for the filament or too fast printing speed cause the loaded in filament cannot be totally melt in short time so that the fresh one cannot be push inside in time.
And whether the fans are keeping on blowing cooling air to the throat tube to keep the throat tube at low temperature during printing.

Return to “Printing Settings”