Raft Default Print Flowrate

Share your successful printing settings with others here. If you have any question about the parameters or printing skills of some filament, please find here.
Casale8

Raft Default Print Flowrate

Postby Casale8 » Mon Jan 08, 2018 2:34 pm

I decided to turn up the speed of the first layer of my raft on a 30 hour print that printed beautifully.

I brought the speed up to 40mm/s from 20mm/s.

When doing so, I notice the filament is sipping in the gears and gapping. Now I know this is the Raft first layer so I am not concerned with the end result, but I noticed there is no setting for the flowrate of the raft... No other layer has this issue of skipping, but the first layer - after I changed the speed. AM I missing something?

I'm using IM software, 3.0.5.1438.
-SCC
“One man's "magic" is another man's engineering. "Supernatural" is a null word.” -R.A.Heinlein

Vicky@Raise3D

Re: Raft Default Print Flowrate

Postby Vicky@Raise3D » Tue Jan 09, 2018 6:35 am

We didn't open the Flowrate for Raft for users to edit.
The default printing speed for Raft first layer is 8mm/s, and 30mm/s interface layer and 60mm/s surface layer. Which 20mm/s printing speed did you edit to 40mm/s?

Casale8

Postby Casale8 » Tue Jan 09, 2018 2:35 pm

Vicky@Raise3D wrote:We didn't open the Flowrate for Raft for users to edit.
The default printing speed for Raft first layer is 8mm/s, and 30mm/s interface layer and 60mm/s surface layer. Which 20mm/s printing speed did you edit to 40mm/s?

What is the default Raft first layer flowrate? If it is not user adjustable.
-SCC
“One man's "magic" is another man's engineering. "Supernatural" is a null word.” -R.A.Heinlein

Vicky@Raise3D

Postby Vicky@Raise3D » Wed Jan 10, 2018 6:21 am

The flowrate of first layer is the default filament flowrate, if you are using V2 PLA, it is 94%.
The extrusion width of first layer is 0.8mm, interface layer is 0.6mm and surface layer is 0.4mm.

Return to “Printing Settings”