Print settings for 3DXTech PC/ASA

Share your successful printing settings with others here. If you have any question about the parameters or printing skills of some filament, please find here.
jmenking

Print settings for 3DXTech PC/ASA

Postby jmenking » Wed Sep 13, 2017 2:34 pm

Hello,

I am beginning some test prints using 3DXTech PC/ASA filament. I will post results when I'm done, but has anyone tried a PC or PC alloy before?

Mecha_Monster

Re: Print settings for 3DXTech PC/ASA

Postby Mecha_Monster » Thu Sep 14, 2017 2:43 am

Not that brand, but I had print a lot of things with Polymaker's PC-Max. It sticks fairly well to the Buildtak, but you have to set it to 110 and let it heat for at least 40 min. I print slow, no raft, but with a 10 lines brim, 270 degrees. Slow, less than 40 mm/s.
Also, procure to remove the printed part when the buildplate is still hot, if you let it cool down you will have a hard time removing it.
By the way, PC supports comes off very cleanly, be generous with the support if you need it.

jmenking

Re: Print settings for 3DXTech PC/ASA

Postby jmenking » Thu Sep 21, 2017 11:15 am

Update:

Following setting got the "best" quality prints. I'm not happy with quality yet because of layer de-lamination.

Extruder Temp: 285C, higher temp helped with de-lamination
Layer height: 0.150mm
Print speed: 37mm/sec
HBP: 100C, glass with hairspray. Buildtak works well, too well; as mentioned by Mecha_Monster, also took his advice with the skirt additions. First layer height around 40% for good adhesion.
Slowed down most other operations like supports, outlines, infill...

More flexible than I thought it would be at 30% infill, almost rock solid at 100% infill
Didn't notice an order unless I was sniffing for it.

Will update as quality improves.

Return to “Printing Settings”