N2 slices are using both filaments when my settings say one

Share your successful printing settings with others here. If you have any question about the parameters or printing skills of some filament, please find here.
bfwalach

N2 slices are using both filaments when my settings say one

Postby bfwalach » Thu Aug 31, 2017 6:59 pm

Hi all,

We have an N2 and N2+ here at my school and I haven't had issues with this problem until recently. In some prints, I am trying to use the left or right extruder exclusively, but it seems that the printer is slicing it to use both. I have double checked that all settings only are set to the right extruder, but it's still printing the main model from both. I did a print preview from the slice files and it's showing it double-layered there, too.

Has anyone has similar issues?

Vicky@Raise3D

Re: N2 slices are using both filaments when my settings say one

Postby Vicky@Raise3D » Fri Sep 01, 2017 6:30 am

First please make sure that you have set all the parts of your model to be printed with right nozzle before slicing.
Then go to Advanced settings, and check whether the Raft and Support are all being chosen by right nozzle.
If it still show left nozzle in your preview, please share a screenshot of your preview so that we can see which part is set to be printed by left nozzle.

bfwalach

Postby bfwalach » Wed Dec 13, 2017 1:34 pm

Just wanted to follow-up to this in case anyone else has the same issue. We had all of the settings set to right-only, but there is another setting that you might not see when using the printer.

If one of these contradicts what you have in your slicing settings, it will be a combination of the two. (Maybe I just don't understand the purpose of this feature, but I know it messes the print up.)

Vicky@Raise3D

Postby Vicky@Raise3D » Thu Dec 14, 2017 3:22 am

I saw in the estimated information, all the printed out filament would be extruded only be Right side.
Do you may what does the Right Extrduer mean in your screenshot in the dialog blow estimated information? That is for you to choose which model to print with which extruder. Sometimes users will import multiple models into ideaMaker, and you can define different extruder to print here.
And inside slicing template, you can define which nozzle to print which structure of the model, such as support, Raft, infill.

Return to “Printing Settings”