TPU printing with STRINGING

Share your successful printing settings with others here. If you have any question about the parameters or printing skills of some filament, please find here.
MarZi

TPU printing with STRINGING

Postby MarZi » Thu Aug 10, 2017 10:22 am

Hej,
recently I started to print tiny electrodes with multi pins with flexible filament. I use Extrudr TPU medium (clear). Actually, my prints are kind of good, but my major problem is stringing between the pins. So the nozzle has to move quite often between this pins and stringing occurs. I tried a lot and changed my settings, i printed slow and fast, I changed the temperature and also retraction but nothing will help against the stringing.

Here are one of my settings:
nozzle: 0,25 mm
extrusion multiplier: 0,79
retraction distance: 1mm
retraction speed: 20mm
no coast at end and wipe nozzle
temperature: 239°C
heated bed: 69°C
default speed: 15 mm/s
x/y axis movement speed: 75
fan speed: first layer 80 secend layer 100

I also tried higher and less values with retraction and speed. Also with less temperature, but than the filament clumps.
I think the problem is the pins of the electrodes and the movement of the nozzle inbetween.

Does anyone has experience with TPU printing and handling the stringing? I am happy for all help :D

Vicky@Raise3D

Re: TPU printing with STRINGING

Postby Vicky@Raise3D » Fri Aug 11, 2017 6:02 am

There seems no perfect settings to complete remove the strings of flexible filament.
Lower nozzle temperature, higher retraction may reduce some, but hardly to can completely stop strings.

Return to “Printing Settings”