Dual extruder for multiple parts ?

Share your successful printing settings with others here. If you have any question about the parameters or printing skills of some filament, please find here.
jetdillo

Dual extruder for multiple parts ?

Postby jetdillo » Fri Jul 07, 2017 3:08 pm

I have a N2+ with dual extruders. I'm less interested in printing multiple colors or exotic shapes and more interested in using the 2nd extruder to speed along production. Do I just assign each object I've loaded into IdeaMaker to a different extruder and then slice? Do I need a wipe wall if I'm using the same material in both extruders ?
I have a bunch of parts for a robot that I'm printing and a number of the parts need to be printed 2, 3, 8, maybe 10 times.
It would be great if I could get both heads working on this at the same time.

walshlg

Re: Dual extruder for multiple parts ?

Postby walshlg » Fri Jul 07, 2017 3:55 pm

the extruders will only print one at a time so just use one extruder.

jetdillo

Postby jetdillo » Fri Jul 07, 2017 5:28 pm

walshlg wrote:the extruders will only print one at a time so just use one extruder.

So I can't multiplex print jobs? ---That's disappointing.

walshlg

Postby walshlg » Fri Jul 07, 2017 9:12 pm

its been tried and lead to more disasters than good prints. I don't know of any software that supports it anymore

jetdillo

Postby jetdillo » Fri Jul 07, 2017 10:06 pm

walshlg wrote:its been tried and lead to more disasters than good prints. I don't know of any software that supports it anymore

Disappointing, but understandable. Esp given the issues I've had w/ the other nozzle dragging across my prints when just using a single extruder. I learned to lower the active one to fix that though. It's taken a good bit of trial-and-error and tweaking to get to where I can reliably crank out a large number of identical parts.

Vicky@Raise3D

Postby Vicky@Raise3D » Mon Jul 10, 2017 9:05 am

Even the two filament are the same, you still need Wipewall to wipe the oozing filament when idle.

For nozzle dragging you can try Z hop, which will drop the build plate before nozzles move a long distance from one position to another.

Return to “Printing Settings”