print polypropylene (PP) = nightmare

Share your successful printing settings with others here. If you have any question about the parameters or printing skills of some filament, please find here.
popof

print polypropylene (PP) = nightmare

Postby popof » Wed Jun 14, 2017 1:25 pm

Hi,
I am trying to print polypropylene (Verbatim brand) since many days without success.
I have started by seting my Raise3D N2 as indicated by Verbatin, try with a blue tape, kapton, ABS juice, also try to addjust the hotend and bed temperatures, close all the door of the printer... but unfortunatly I am not able to print a part, the PP do not stick well on the bed and there is a very important warping effect that make all my print abborded.

Do you have any ideas to advice me ?
Did one of you print a PP part with success ?

Thank you for your help.

Billucas

Re: print polypropylene (PP) = nightmare

Postby Billucas » Wed Jun 14, 2017 3:58 pm

popof wrote:Hi,
I am trying to print polypropylene (Verbatim brand) since many days without success.
I have started by seting my Raise3D N2 as indicated by Verbatin, try with a blue tape, kapton, ABS juice, also try to addjust the hotend and bed temperatures, close all the door of the printer... but unfortunatly I am not able to print a part, the PP do not stick well on the bed and there is a very important warping effect that make all my print abborded.

Do you have any ideas to advice me ?
Did one of you print a PP part with success ?

Thank you for your help.

Hi,
Maybe you could try with a .030" x 12"x 12" PEI Sheet. It works well for me with PETG.
I also had much success with LokBuild for my big ABS printed parts.
I had also bought the PrinTinZ Zebra plate and the GeckoTek build plate.
Attachments
DSC03668.JPG
DSC03960.JPG
DSC03624.JPG
DSC03600.JPG

Brad

Postby Brad » Thu Jun 15, 2017 9:53 am

As you have used all the build plates, what seemed to be the most versatile product and how long do they need to last before being replaced?

I had a look at their sites, and none were available for sale for the n2 build plate size.

Billucas

Postby Billucas » Thu Jun 15, 2017 4:37 pm

Brad wrote:As you have used all the build plates, what seemed to be the most versatile product and how long do they need to last before being replaced?

I had a look at their sites, and none were available for sale for the n2 build plate size.

I know. Except the PrinTinZ Zebra build plate, they only offer a 12 x 12" size. But it's all you need.
Just stick the sheet at the front left corner, on the a glass or a aluminium plate.

PEI glued with 3M spray on a 1/8" aluminium plate works fantastic for me with PETG.
You have to get the exact nozzle height to stick onto it.

Until now, the Lokbuild on a 1/8" aluminium plate is the best and versatile product I have tested. I have printed large footprint of ABS parts.
It is important to make sure your heated bed plate is really well levelled. Also don't put the heated nozzle
too close of the Lockbuild, because the surface is fragile, you will damage it. My last suggestion, don't clean
it with Isopropyl Alcool of more than 30%, it will lost it's sticky. I have made many prints with it and I only wipe it
with a microfiber cloth. Nothing much, for now.

For the GeckoTek build plate, I only put it on my glass directly, hold by the paper clips.

I did many prints and did not have change them for know.
Attachments
!cid_D928793155FF4D1884205D092DBBC3F3@TCDINTEL.jpg
!cid_C938E2865D6B4691A0662254F9AA1C8D@TCDINTEL.jpg
!cid_B91E279D4388461D8BEF5E05F7ADEE64@TCDINTEL.jpg
!cid_36FF12CF58DD46C6AC4510D2DF6E2225@TCDINTEL.jpg

calex_fr

Postby calex_fr » Sun Dec 31, 2017 12:08 pm

It's very amazing, popof asks for PP and Billucas answers for PETG. Do you know that are 2 differents materials, totally?

If you want print PP you must use PP sealing tape, it is the only one solution, and good luke for big parts. PP has just one wanting, is to warp and it is very flexible!

IMG_6692.JPG
alexandre Contat from France.

http://www.distudio3D.fr

Return to “Printing Settings”