What is the closest mateirial to nylon that is not a pain (No warping, popping, moisture issues, not sticking etc)

Share your successful printing settings with others here. If you have any question about the parameters or printing skills of some filament, please find here.
Spikeysonic

What is the closest mateirial to nylon that is not a pain (No warping, popping, moisture issues, not sticking etc)

Postby Spikeysonic » Thu May 18, 2017 1:44 am

What is the closest material to nylon that is not a pain. By this I mean No warping, popping, moisture issues, not sticking, easy to set up, works well with support, nice post processing like sanding or shining and colour etc

But that has the self lubricating flex and toughness of nylon. Ie next best thing

cullymoto

Re: What is the closest mateirial to nylon that is not a pain (No warping, popping, moisture issues, not sticking etc)

Postby cullymoto » Sun May 21, 2017 9:35 pm

Alloy 910 comes to mind. I have a roll of it, just haven't gotten to testing it out as of yet.
I have used a "house brand" nylon 6 and I'll never ever use that garbage again.
There are carbon fiber filled Nylon's available, that would all but stop warp. Those however come with other limitations..
I've seen a flexible + nylon mix before.. blackmagic3d makes it. Think it's tpu + nylon.
I'm back to taulman stuff though... They have a few varieties of nylon, maybe one will for your Bill.

Julia Truchsess

Re: What is the closest mateirial to nylon that is not a pain (No warping, popping, moisture issues, not sticking etc)

Postby Julia Truchsess » Sun May 21, 2017 10:02 pm

Taulman PCTPE is my go-to Nylon - much less of all of the issues you mention. So much depends on part size and geometry, though, that I can't say how well it will do in your application.

Return to “Printing Settings”