Part Orientation vs. Slice Fill

Share your successful printing settings with others here. If you have any question about the parameters or printing skills of some filament, please find here.
turboshad1

Part Orientation vs. Slice Fill

Postby turboshad1 » Wed May 17, 2017 2:53 am

Hello, all.....first post here. :D

I received my N2 Plus a couple weeks ago and so far am quite satisfied for what I've been able to print right out of the box. I'm about halfway through the roll of R3D yellow with nothing I would call a fail short of my experimentation with settings.

I had a quick question about the orientation of a part in IdeaMaker. I have a part with a thin 1.2mm raised section at the top. I would expect this to have 3 rows of filament with a .4mm tip. If the part is orientated so this edge is parallel with the front door (horizontal) I get the expected results. If I rotate the part so this edge is perpendicular (vertical) to the front door the slicer only puts in 2 rows of filament. Is there a reason it slices the same edge different when the edge is horizontal vs. vertical? Am I missing a setting that distinguishes the results in the x and y coordinates? Thanks.

Capture2.JPG

Capture3.JPG

Vicky@Raise3D

Re: Part Orientation vs. Slice Fill

Postby Vicky@Raise3D » Thu May 18, 2017 5:31 am

Can you please change the Extruder Color to be Structure in Previews page in ideaMaker. So that I can see whether that is a sheet or infill.

Return to “Printing Settings”