The materials giving the best results

Share your successful printing settings with others here. If you have any question about the parameters or printing skills of some filament, please find here.
GEGE

The materials giving the best results

Postby GEGE » Wed Apr 05, 2017 8:21 am

Hi everyone,
I have tried many materials (in fact I bought too many !!!) and after printing for a couple of months I ended with only a few giving really good result in terms of finish, dimensions accuracy and ease of print.

NEOFIL M-ABS
- EXTRUSION : 240°C (Left nozzle)
- HEAT BED : 90°C
- No raft, brim or Skirt
- Lid on
The only shame is the lack of colours available only Natural, White, Black, Blue, Green and Red, finsih is really very good and the dimensions really accurate.

FORMFUTURA ASA (Appollo-X) or Modified ABS (Titan-X)
- EXTRUSION : 240°C (Left nozzle)
- HEAT BED : 90°C
- With raft, without brim or skirt
- Lid on
ASA is perfect for outdoor use but again the choice of colours is limited to Natural, white, Black, dark blue , light and Dark Grey and red, the same for the Titan-X available in the same 7 colours.

With PET-G or PC-ABS from NEOFIL result are OK but tricky to find the right parameters.

I tried also the PC-MAX and PC-ABS form POLYMAKER but making them stick to the Buildtak is a nightmare they always come lose after a few layers, goods specs on papers but if parts cannot be printed they have little use.

Gege

Billucas

Re: The materials giving the best results

Postby Billucas » Wed Apr 05, 2017 4:03 pm

GEGE wrote:
I tried also the PC-MAX and PC-ABS form POLYMAKER but making them stick to the Buildtak is a nightmare they always come lose after a few layers, goods specs on papers but if parts cannot be printed they have little use.

Gege

Thanks a lot for sharing us!

View my topic here viewtopic.php?f=2&p=13709#p13709

lami3d

Re: The materials giving the best results

Postby lami3d » Fri Apr 07, 2017 8:07 am

There are only benchies but i didn't experiment warping or issues with bigger print and the prints debond by themselves form the bed.

Benchies2.png

Return to “Printing Settings”