How to use ninjaflex and onkly get topless results

Share your successful printing settings with others here. If you have any question about the parameters or printing skills of some filament, please find here.
Spikeysonic

How to use ninjaflex and onkly get topless results

Postby Spikeysonic » Wed Mar 22, 2017 11:35 pm

Trying to use ninja flex but getting nowhere where settings different people say, All I get us an outline with thing stranding stringy mesh and not top on objects. Plus getting filament wrap around feeder gear.
help please

walshlg

Re: How to use ninjaflex and onkly get topless results

Postby walshlg » Thu Mar 23, 2017 4:19 pm

This is the MOST DIFFICULT filament there is to print, You must play with the settings quite a bit.

TIPS:
you MUST unload , snip off the bent parts and reload for every print even if it is just a few minutes after the last print.
NO retraction!
Left nozzle only (yes I have dual extruded with flexibles but it took many many tries)
SLOW = 15mm/sec print speed or lower for all
Sometimes, especially if it jams after several hours of printing, it helps to up the extruder temperature after the base is printed.

last= it is not going to work every time

Spikeysonic

Postby Spikeysonic » Fri Mar 24, 2017 1:37 am

any specific settings?

walshlg

Postby walshlg » Mon Mar 27, 2017 5:02 pm

I don't remember the temperature. Drafts play havock especially AC cycling during the summer so close the doors. If temp too low it will jam, if temp too high it will jam in isolation tube = MUCH worse.

start with a calibration cube increase Z ht to 8cm, single shell no top layer print in spiral mode and adjust the temp up and down - mark on print as it goes and see what it does, look for min temp that adheres layers well + 10C IIRC

lami3d

Postby lami3d » Mon Mar 27, 2017 5:50 pm

I've printed with filaflex, i think it's similar to ninjaflex
But i've got the bondtech extruder, i don't know your conf.

Like Walshlg said print slowly (35m/s max for me works great) and disable retraction if it doesn't work (i can activate retraction (35m/s and 0.7mm)) but i think it's linked to the extruder. Some extruder design to print these filament can print at 100mm/s

Also Activate "avoid travelling through holes" in ideamaker or "avoid crossing outlines for travel movements", that will minimise retractions and stringing....

Spikeysonic

Postby Spikeysonic » Mon Mar 27, 2017 8:19 pm

Think I may have foooked it.

I have a v2 extruder. However it appeared to be twisting and not extruding right and so top apart the extruder, got some new g4rub screws and fixed only there seemed to be ninja flex on the screw thread which removed with Dremmel wire brush.

It was then blocked and skipping the feeder gear so kept trying to use the cleaning rob upping and upping the temperature till near 300 to try and melt it clear and used pin on the base of the nossle (as in sewing pin) nothgin worked, Now either blocked of you get it sort of dripping a scraggy trickle that does not really flow from the extruder and dribbling scraggy bunches, very small.

Now what (I did this before reading the bit about not making it too hot

Spikeysonic

Postby Spikeysonic » Mon Mar 27, 2017 8:20 pm

What's is a bond tech extruder

Trhuster

Postby Trhuster » Tue Mar 28, 2017 7:36 am

Spikeysonic wrote:What's is a bond tech extruder

It is a extruder upgrade mod. You can read all about it here: viewtopic.php?t=181

walshlg

Postby walshlg » Tue Mar 28, 2017 9:22 pm

Spikeysonic wrote:Think I may have foooked it.

It was then blocked and skipping the feeder gear so kept trying to use the cleaning rob upping and upping the temperature till near 300 to try and melt it clear and used pin on the base of the nossle (as in sewing pin) nothgin worked, Now either blocked of you get it sort of dripping a scraggy trickle that does not really flow from the extruder and dribbling scraggy bunches, very small.

Now what (I did this before reading the bit about not making it too hot

yes it sounds like an isolation tube clog - you need to tear it all down, its not that bad as long as you are really careful. Send raise a help request and they should be able to walk you through it.

Return to “Printing Settings”