ABS+HIPS

Share your successful printing settings with others here. If you have any question about the parameters or printing skills of some filament, please find here.
alko

ABS+HIPS

Postby alko » Fri Mar 17, 2017 10:06 pm

Hello everyone.
I'm new in printing, new user of N2 also.
Already about a week trying to set up the profile for ABS+HIPS like a support profile, but without success.
Both are from ESUN.
90% of prints are are going off from the bed.
Checked and moved up and down nozzles, playing with temperature, changed to glass with glue and hair spray... The result is always the same.
So, can anyone share correct settings for ABS+HIPS for ESUN filament or mayby any extra idea.

Vicky@Raise3D

Re: ABS+HIPS

Postby Vicky@Raise3D » Tue Mar 21, 2017 5:04 am

Have you ever tried with feel gauge to check the distance between nozzle and build plate at different positions on build plate?
Have you install the fan bottom cover to prevent cooling air to model which will cause shrinkage?
How about the top cover which is is used to keep the chamber temperature?

alko

Re: ABS+HIPS

Postby alko » Tue Mar 21, 2017 8:59 am

Yes, I did all of that. but without success.

But last 2 days it seems I got a progress - changed the side of a bed to get a glass surfase up and used some ordinary stick glue like a boads and in the middle where the printing area a kind of mixture of russian Kvas drink (like Pepsi) with 2 desert spoons of sugar for 1 glass. It seems like a joke, but it works. And it's much more economy way than beer-way).
But the main tip is to measure the gap between the surfase and nozzle. The bed should be prehotted. The gap changes when cold/hot. So, in my case it is about 0.15. And it's easy to check if it's correct. Problems begins immediately (usually I need to level down) and I'm just stop the print and makes a corrections.

So, I printed ESUN ABS/HIPS parts with 0.25@270/260/110 with rather slow speeds and it keeps good and goig off by itself when the bed is going cold.
And also PLA from base comlect with any standart profile and bed at 40, but preheated it to 60 to get Kvas-sugar-soup more caramel-like before the printing.

The bottom surface in both cases is not glass-like, it's usual.

PLA. Children glasses for eggs. Left - which is not up- it's not a bug, it's a feature.)
IMG_20170320_114109.png

ABS. case for ipcam. 5 parts with smallest 0.8 guides inside blenda and implanted by acetone nuts.
IMG_20170320_114355.png

Return to “Printing Settings”