Settings chart or application

Share your successful printing settings with others here. If you have any question about the parameters or printing skills of some filament, please find here.
Jerome Dufresne

Settings chart or application

Postby Jerome Dufresne » Fri Feb 03, 2017 4:12 pm

I'm looking for a chart or application (calculator) for printer settings based on filament used, filament diameter, nozzle size, layer tickness wanted...
The result of this chart or application could be the feedrate, speedrate, etc...
Do you know if it exists?
Maybe Ideamaker calculate everything automaticaly?

Thanks.

walshlg

Re: Settings chart or application

Postby walshlg » Sat Feb 04, 2017 1:42 am

its not that simple, a lot of settings depend on what you are doing, how high a resolution you want, If you want bridging then you must allow more stringing. I run my own tests. For example recent work with clear petgs from 2 different manufacturers shows best clarity printing 20-30C lower than the listed print temperature

Jerome Dufresne

Postby Jerome Dufresne » Sat Feb 04, 2017 3:13 pm

Ok, Thank you very much.

I will made my own tests.

frjez

Postby frjez » Thu Mar 23, 2017 10:49 am

As it was said before... unfortunately 3D printing - specially FFF is not for people wit sensitive heart. So a trial end error is an everyday occurrence. For every one good "print" you have at least three bad once. Until you figure out the right settings for the material/print-platform/extruder, not to mention double extruder ( three, not two time more problems), well you have to experiment!

And what really drives me crazy, at least me, is the fact that the settings which worked with others are not working on my printer. Even if we have the same printer the same material and the very same settings :-(

It's a bit easier with SLA and SLS printers but either they are able to print small parts or are extremely expensive. Though, the SLA with LCD screen is apparently the way to go.

Return to “Printing Settings”