Printing with Filament.ca tpu

Share your successful printing settings with others here. If you have any question about the parameters or printing skills of some filament, please find here.
Safaridog

Printing with Filament.ca tpu

Postby Safaridog » Mon Jan 23, 2017 4:46 pm

Has anyone had any luck with printing with filament.ca's TPU? I had 1 success full print in 25 starts. Everything starts out good but ends up air printing because of a jam up at the extruder gear.

I've varied the temp, feed rates, tighten the extruder(filament is not sliping) rebuilt the hotend(v2). Ii m at my wit's end... Don't know what else to try... Or maybe I need to try a different filament.

Here are the settings From my only successful print.

Extruder temp 235
Bed 80
Feed 15mm feed on everything.
Retraction was low and varied.

Billucas

Re: Printing with Filament.ca tpu

Postby Billucas » Mon Jan 23, 2017 5:30 pm

Yes, I had success with Filament.ca TPU.
See the template joined.

Here some good topics to read.

viewtopic.php?f=4&t=899
viewtopic.php?f=2&t=493
viewtopic.php?f=2&t=879
Attachments
TPU-SHIM RUBBER-export.zip
(4.86 KiB) Downloaded 21 times
Shim rubber - Picture  (4).jpg
Shim rubber - Picture  (1).jpg
Shim rubber - Picture  (3).jpg
Last edited by Billucas on Mon Jan 23, 2017 8:52 pm, edited 1 time in total.

walshlg

Re: Printing with Filament.ca tpu

Postby walshlg » Mon Jan 23, 2017 5:54 pm

yes flexibles are a pain. If you are really frustrated, one problem can be goop lining the isolation tube walls. Its hard to detect because it will still extrude for a while then freezes up.

To clean, remove isolation tube/ hotend setup, keep together and heat up but remove nozzle. Push metal 1mm wire through from top and all the way through until there is no more goop adhering to it.

You may also want to disable retraction. If retracton is the problem then that sucks/ retracts melted filament up into isolation tube.

Try printing super slow like 10mm/sec and thicker layers, on order of 250um for standard 400 um nozzle.

Return to “Printing Settings”