Raise3D Pro2 Plus fexible Fila (TPU)

Share your successful printing settings with others here. If you have any question about the parameters or printing skills of some filament, please find here.
Korni

Raise3D Pro2 Plus fexible Fila (TPU)

Postby Korni » Sun Dec 09, 2018 8:40 pm

It is virtually impossible to print TPU (FlexFill 92a FillMENTUM BLACK) with the Raise3D Pro2 Plus.

Brim OK, but after the brim .... no more material is extracted ....
Different printing speeds (10-70mms), Z-Offset settings, pressure on the extruder have been changed or adapted, it simply does NOT work.
https://youtu.be/CzkeUOIQBjc

Strange is, that in most cases the Brim is printed quite well but the following print object does not work, because probably no more material is extracted ?!
IMG_7601.JPG
Pro2+ Image

ian

Re: Raise3D Pro2 Plus fexible Fila (TPU)

Postby ian » Mon Dec 10, 2018 3:16 am

Have you tried using a filament oiler? I couldn't get TPE to print without it. Flexibles seem to stick too much to the filament guide tube. Without an oiler, it binds right after in enters the tube.

zemlin

Postby zemlin » Mon Dec 10, 2018 4:05 am

On my N2 with Bondtech I found I needed to use a very light pressure on the drive roller to feed flexible reliably. I also ended up running a pretty high flow rate - about 120%. I printed Ninjaflex with great results which is 85A.

zemlin

Postby zemlin » Tue Dec 11, 2018 12:32 am

ian wrote:Have you tried using a filament oiler? I couldn't get TPE to print without it. Flexibles seem to stick too much to the filament guide tube. Without an oiler, it binds right after in enters the tube.

Ah - I forgot about that. I need to keep the filament slack - the tension of turning the spool does cause too much drag in the feed tube. My spool is mounted outside the machine. I spooled a bunch of filament into a bowl so the machine could pick it up without having to turn the spool.

phildon

Postby phildon » Tue Dec 11, 2018 6:47 pm

As already mentioned, loosen your Extruder Spring, today i had a similiar problem with my SainSmart TPU, my extruder stopped feeding and began to click, after i unloaded my filament i saw this...

Return to “Printing Settings”