Print always shifted to left

Share your successful printing settings with others here. If you have any question about the parameters or printing skills of some filament, please find here.
TD1035

Print always shifted to left

Postby TD1035 » Tue Oct 30, 2018 2:17 pm

I'm sure this is a total noob question but how do I shift the print to the right? Every time I print something its over to the left and I can't figure out how to make the printer shift everything over...
shift.jpg
shift.jpg (19.17 KiB) Viewed 89 times

Vicky@Raise3D

Re: Print always shifted to left

Postby Vicky@Raise3D » Tue Oct 30, 2018 11:25 pm

Is the model shown out of boundary in ideaMaker when doing Preview after slicing?
Is the model sitting physically out of build plate when printing?

Or you mean that your model meets shiftings during printing? Like the model suddenly starts printing at different position after some height.

TD1035

Postby TD1035 » Wed Oct 31, 2018 10:02 pm

No, the models are always shown in the center of the build plate and within boundaries in the software. No matter what model I print, they are always shifted over to the left about 20mm. This normally doesn't matter but I'm starting to print some stuff that will need the entire 300mm surface to be within the build area.

So how is it that the software is seeing the model in the center of the build plate during slicing but once I actually start the print, the model is shifted over to the left?

Vicky@Raise3D

Postby Vicky@Raise3D » Thu Nov 01, 2018 1:49 am

Because the right side nozzle has a physical 25mm offset with left nozzle in X direction. Which means the most right 25mm space for right nozzle left nozzle will not be able to reach, and the most left 25mm space for left nozzle, right nozzle cannot reach either.
But if you slice model in ideaMaker, it will only consider the real printing 305*305 area for nozzle. Which means the center in ideaMaker is not the phsical center on your build plate.

Return to “Printing Settings”