Setting Shares

Share your successful printing settings with others here. If you have any question about the parameters or printing skills of some filament, please find here.
Vicky@Raise3D

Setting Shares

Postby Vicky@Raise3D » Tue Dec 20, 2016 5:37 am

Welcome to share your successful settings with others here! :)
Please list brand, filament type and printing settings so that others can find out your suggestion easily.
Thanks in advance.

Vicky@Raise3D

Re: Setting Shares

Postby Vicky@Raise3D » Thu Dec 22, 2016 8:01 am

General filament:

Jetguy

viewtopic.php?f=6&t=1198&p=10885#p10885

Matterhacker:

Matterhacker PETG

walshlg
0.8 Nozzle, 20mm/s, 220C, Vase Mode.
viewtopic.php?f=8&t=1232

lami3d

Postby lami3d » Wed Jan 18, 2017 12:12 pm

Hello,

this topic is a good idea but now that i better understand fdm printing i think that it's really hard to use setting from an other user if your conf is not exactly the same, the software used and also the design printed.

However, it's possible to extrapolate settings if we know the conf of the user who gave us these settings.

MakerTree 3D

Postby MakerTree 3D » Tue Jul 25, 2017 11:31 pm

I just wanted to take a moment to share my thanks to Raise3D for sharing any and all helpful tips towards working with 3rd party filament types, especially other PLA brands. As others have also experienced with working with many other brands of PLA, that it can challenging to say the least. As much as I've found that the Raise3D premium PLA has become a favorite and very reliable, I've also still maintained my attempts to get other PLA brands working as well.

After so many failed attempts with several various brands over the past year, I've reviewed the Raise3D steps to further tuning for this purpose on their page here:
https://www.raise3d.com/pages/third-party-pla-tuning

Somehow I had missed this article before, however it seems to have been a tremendous help. For me, the slight down turning of the extruder driver helped to cool both the extruder motor, but also the metal mounting plate for the extruder motors. This has helped to control the temperature of the filament before it reaches the extruder gear so that it's not biting material out, but rather pushing it down into the hotend.

The other big factor is to down tune the extrusion rate for other materials than the Raise3D materials. The material profiles for the Raise3D PLA for example is 94%, and Raise3D recommends a 90% extrusion rate as a starting point for other filaments. Also, it's critical to make sure that the infill speed is turned down from 90mm/sec to 60mm/sec as well. I've started with the 90-91% rate, after down tuning the driver and I've got some cheap PLA currently printing a 15 hour print beautifully so far without any extruder clicking, filament being chewed through, or other related issues. Extruder at 198c and bed at 50c.
If this cheap PLA completes successfully, I'll go back and attempt to work with the colorFabb PLA/ PHA blend which has been one of the toughest to get to work trouble-free in our past evaluations.

Return to “Printing Settings”