Turn up Printing Speed

Share your successful printing settings with others here. If you have any question about the parameters or printing skills of some filament, please find here.
wo4sunhao

Turn up Printing Speed

Postby wo4sunhao » Wed Oct 24, 2018 9:03 pm

I have used N2 plus for a certain time and can constantly print good quality part. Then, I want to speed it up to make the printing process more efficient without lowering the print quality.
So, I want to check with you guys. What default print speed do you guys use? Which speed setting should start to change with?

Vicky@Raise3D

Re: Turn up Printing Speed

Postby Vicky@Raise3D » Thu Oct 25, 2018 5:21 pm

If you don't have very high requirements to print surface, increasing layer height is an easiest way to reduce print time. Such as switching speed profile from high quality profile, the print time will have a lot difference.

crimsonyoshi

Postby crimsonyoshi » Thu Oct 25, 2018 9:19 pm

Print speed heavily depends on the material you're using. Are you asking about print speed for PLA, or something else like ABS, Polycarbonate, etc.?

wo4sunhao

Postby wo4sunhao » Thu Oct 25, 2018 10:44 pm

crimsonyoshi wrote:Print speed heavily depends on the material you're using. Are you asking about print speed for PLA, or something else like ABS, Polycarbonate, etc.?

Asking for PLA

wo4sunhao

Postby wo4sunhao » Thu Oct 25, 2018 10:45 pm

Vicky@Raise3D wrote:If you don't have very high requirements to print surface, increasing layer height is an easiest way to reduce print time. Such as switching speed profile from high quality profile, the print time will have a lot difference.

I need to print faster at 0.1mm layer height and keep same or almost same quality.

Vicky@Raise3D

Postby Vicky@Raise3D » Thu Nov 01, 2018 5:29 pm

It is hard to keep the same quality with higher printing speed, or you may can only do slightly change, like 5-10% based on the default ones. Or you need to tuning the speed, temperature and cooling together to reach to a new balanced value.

wo4sunhao

Postby wo4sunhao » Fri Nov 02, 2018 5:59 pm

Vicky@Raise3D wrote:It is hard to keep the same quality with higher printing speed, or you may can only do slightly change, like 5-10% based on the default ones. Or you need to tuning the speed, temperature and cooling together to reach to a new balanced value.

I see

Return to “Printing Settings”