How do I set up Pet G (Tech Outlet) So it's not oozing and stringing without jamming the printer by setting retraction.a

Share your successful printing settings with others here. If you have any question about the parameters or printing skills of some filament, please find here.
Spikeysonic

How do I set up Pet G (Tech Outlet) So it's not oozing and stringing without jamming the printer by setting retraction.a

Postby Spikeysonic » Wed Oct 24, 2018 10:19 am

How do I set up Pet G in ideamaker so it's not stringy and ozzing all the time and curling back around the nozzel please

Graham_T

Re: How do I set up Pet G (Tech Outlet) So it's not oozing and stringing without jamming the printer by setting retracti

Postby Graham_T » Sun Nov 04, 2018 2:55 pm

I have been keeping an eye on this thread and since there have been no replies, here are the settings that I use. They are ok and give decent prints but there is still some room for improvement. I use Simplify3d.
Nozzle diameter 0.4
Extrusion Multiplier .99
Auto extrusion width
Retraction on
Distance 3.3
Extra restart distance -0.40
Retraction vertical lift 0.4
Retraction speed 30mm/sec
First layer height and layer width 100% with a first layer speed of 50%
I use no raft and offset the skirt by 10mm and use 2 skirt outlines. (This makes up for the fact that the Petg does not lay down as well as PLA)
Temperature Bed 70 and Extruder 235
Cooling is not an option on the N1 although I think it might be better with the fans turned down.
Speeds 50mm/sec
Outline underspeed 45%
I cannot get it to bridge well even over short distances, but have managed ok without.
All of the ooze control behaviour boxes are checked and minimum travel for retraction is 0.5mm
Hope this helps to get you started.
Graham

Return to “Printing Settings”