Idea Maker Wont Set PETG (L) abnd PVA (R) dual extrusion with right Settings. Its setting the PVA way to hot so jamming

Share your successful printing settings with others here. If you have any question about the parameters or printing skills of some filament, please find here.
Spikeysonic

Idea Maker Wont Set PETG (L) abnd PVA (R) dual extrusion with right Settings. Its setting the PVA way to hot so jamming

Postby Spikeysonic » Tue Oct 16, 2018 12:08 am

PVA from what I understand is supposed to be printed 180-201 so why is it when I try and set Speed or Standard PETG with PVA it tries to set the right extruder with the PVA to over 220 degrees, more like 235. Had to stop prints quickly and had a blockage I think due to caramalisation. Was pulling through dark brown specs and crap when I took off the nozzel and tried to clean it.

If you are settign PETG G with PVA support it should set the PVA at its right temperature, I dont seem to be able to do this mannually as its greyed out in cooling. help please

crimsonyoshi

Re: Idea Maker Wont Set PETG (L) abnd PVA (R) dual extrusion with right Settings. Its setting the PVA way to hot so jamm

Postby crimsonyoshi » Tue Oct 16, 2018 4:17 pm

Which printer model are you using? At first guess, im thinking the wrong model is selected in idea maker, as a greyed out box usually means the feature is disabled. I’ve got a Pro 2 Plus (also selected in ideamaker) and I can modify both nozzle temps and heat bed in the cooling tab.

If you’ve got the right printer selected, are you using all of the latest firmware?

Spikeysonic

Re: Idea Maker Wont Set PETG (L) abnd PVA (R) dual extrusion with right Settings. Its setting the PVA way to hot so jamm

Postby Spikeysonic » Tue Oct 16, 2018 4:47 pm

Raise 3d N2 Dual with v2 hot end and upgraded with a bond tech firmware updated a month ago

crimsonyoshi

Postby crimsonyoshi » Tue Oct 16, 2018 5:28 pm

Hm, I’ll have to check ideaMaker later this evening, but I don’t see why the temperature box would be greyed out for that printer. I haven’t had anything before the Pro 2 line came out, so that’s about all I can offer :/

Vicky@Raise3D

Postby Vicky@Raise3D » Tue Oct 16, 2018 7:03 pm

You need to go to check the PVA settings under Filament Settings.
If you see settings in your advanced settings are grey out, it might be due to the overriding settings under Filament Settings have been enabled.

Return to “Printing Settings”