Rough prints, no changes

Share your successful printing settings with others here. If you have any question about the parameters or printing skills of some filament, please find here.
Xtrude64

Rough prints, no changes

Postby Xtrude64 » Tue Oct 09, 2018 4:06 am

I have not changed my main templates at all, all of a sudden every print comes out super rough on the sides.

The only thing I did different was run one print through Cura. That print came out super rough, so I went back to Ideamaker. But now every print from Ideamaker is coming out rough. Even when set to high quality.

Material is ABS
Nozzle 240
Heated plate 110

But those are the settings I have used every time.

Vicky@Raise3D

Re: Rough prints, no changes

Postby Vicky@Raise3D » Wed Oct 10, 2018 12:54 am

Not sure whether your gcode file from Cura has done something weird to firmware.
Try reboot the printer and print.
If doesn't help, try download the firmwares from our website and flash them to the printer.

Xtrude64

Re: Rough prints, no changes

Postby Xtrude64 » Wed Oct 10, 2018 5:04 pm

a gcode file can change your firmware?

I suspect it is a nozzle / filament problem. after cleaning the nozzle out twice, it finally made a small single print nicely, then went back to bad again. Using ideamaker.

The only new thing I introduced was white ABS from Hatchbox. I got a few small prints with it, then the clogging started.

I switched to black abs after trying to clear the nozzle, but it still isn't clear.

I don't have anything small enough to put into the nozzle tip, so I will have to go get something I guess.

This printer has been a nightmare.

I have to take the printer apart several times a week because the usb connections apparently come loose, then was directed to hotglue the connections, did so, and it still comes loose once or more a week.

Never have I paid $4k for something and had to take it apart and fix it myself.

Probably going to have to return the machine and buy another product.

Return to “Printing Settings”