How do you set the right extruder to do single material printing & pick material for that 1, or 2 sided with dif materia

Share your successful printing settings with others here. If you have any question about the parameters or printing skills of some filament, please find here.
Spikeysonic

How do you set the right extruder to do single material printing & pick material for that 1, or 2 sided with dif materia

Postby Spikeysonic » Sun Oct 07, 2018 11:13 pm

! was trying to set up the right extruder (2) like like I set for the Left one (1)

Ie I set the printer to just use one material and I can pick ninjaflex, Pet G Pla etc.

How do I get the same options for the second one and more so if just trying to use the right one. This way not having to swap materials with different temperature settings to try and avoid contamination.

I have a bond tec dual extruder

Vicky@Raise3D

Re: How do you set the right extruder to do single material printing & pick material for that 1, or 2 sided with dif mat

Postby Vicky@Raise3D » Mon Oct 08, 2018 9:18 pm

Are you using N series printer?
If so, you only need to choose all the structures in ideaMaker to be printed with Right Extruder, Raft, Support, Infill and Models. Then all the prints will be done with Right Extruder only.
You can double confirm the slicing result in Preview before start printing.

Spikeysonic

Re: How do you set the right extruder to do single material printing & pick material for that 1, or 2 sided with dif mat

Postby Spikeysonic » Tue Oct 09, 2018 4:49 am

Raise 3d N2 Dual. V2 With bond tech and silicon covers.

Material will include Pla Ninjsflex Pet g poly suppor. Soon to try pva and others. Have separate bozzles butbif left overs are goingvto go through kinda defeats thevpurposevof different nozzels.

Doing dual extrusion with different materials ie hard and support or flex and hard

Vicky@Raise3D

Postby Vicky@Raise3D » Wed Oct 10, 2018 12:50 am

Do you mean that no matter choose what kind of material for the right nozzle, the slicing profiles won't change at all as choosing different material on left?

Spikeysonic

Postby Spikeysonic » Wed Oct 10, 2018 1:48 am

What I mean is how do I get the same control on the right extruder in settings as I do the left?

So you can pick 2 materials and assign one say PLA to the left and PET G to the right for dual extrusion and all the settigns for each material and extruder come up automatically just like when you pick High Speed - V2 PLA.

At present al I can see is you can pick a material for the left only. Then you get a support option you have to dial in manually (Ie you cannot pick the Poly Support, PVA or Hipps Option for the right extruder as far as I can see).

Im thinking more interms or left extruder PET G and right one Ninjaflex.

Or more so just doing single extrusion with the right Extruder and picking one of you pre set materials and just printing wit that (Ie so I dont have to unload both materials then swap them around to go from dula to single extrusion. Is there a way I can just set single extrusion in the right one please

Vicky@Raise3D

Postby Vicky@Raise3D » Wed Oct 10, 2018 4:39 pm

Temporarily the only way to include specific settings for right extruder instead of all the settings from the slicing profiles for material at left nozzle if there is some special material at right side, is adding overriding settings under Filament Settings.

Spikeysonic

Postby Spikeysonic » Wed Oct 10, 2018 4:51 pm

No way to just do right extruder sonle extruder printing? and you have to put settings manualkt not from profiles. Tgat what you said?

Vicky@Raise3D

Postby Vicky@Raise3D » Wed Oct 10, 2018 6:31 pm

If you are going to run all the structures to be printed with right nozzle, you may can only choose the left and right nozzle to be the same material to get the default setting profiles for the whole model for this material.

Return to “Printing Settings”