Now do I clean out all traces of previous material so can keep different material nozzels nozzels clean please?

Share your successful printing settings with others here. If you have any question about the parameters or printing skills of some filament, please find here.
Spikeysonic

Now do I clean out all traces of previous material so can keep different material nozzels nozzels clean please?

Postby Spikeysonic » Sun Oct 07, 2018 11:08 pm

Im trying to keep clean nozzels.

Having had my Raise 3d N2 Dual serviced Im now trying to operate on a basis of one material one Nozzle only for said filament. This is to try and stop debries burning and blocking nozzels.

Now I can unload an extruder, withdrawing the material, can unscrew the nozzle when its hot , cool it and bag it.

However what about the material let in the hot end that does not get pulled out?

So when you put in a new material it first has to push out this hot end left over material before the new one goes into the new nozzel.

This kind defeats the whole point of having separate nozzels as not clean any more and going from different heat materials like PTG G and PLA, Ninjaflex and PVA.

How do I get a completely clean system so all the previous material is cleaned out so no contamination of nozzels to stop blockages please.

I have a bondtech dual and this is N2 dual N2 v2

EldRick

Re: Now do I clean out all traces of previous material so can keep different material nozzels nozzels clean please?

Postby EldRick » Mon Oct 08, 2018 3:58 pm

A) Do not use the material change sequence on the front panel. Leave the old filament in the nozzle when you remove it, and clear it out when you next use it, as in B).

B) Instead, simply clip the current filament 1/2" above the extruder, heat the hot-end up to printing temp, and use the Utilities panel to advance the filament while following the old in with the new filament. Then advance around 300mm of filament. The new filament will clean out the nozzle nicely.

BTW, this can also avoid jams, where hot filament being withdrawn expands and catches on the internal lip where the heat-break meets the PTFE part of the feeder.

Return to “Printing Settings”