Printing Giveaway Spinner Dual .gcode

Share your successful printing settings with others here. If you have any question about the parameters or printing skills of some filament, please find here.
nadia.neimad

Printing Giveaway Spinner Dual .gcode

Postby nadia.neimad » Sun Sep 30, 2018 3:03 am

Hi All,

Have just received my new Raise3D Pro2 and am having issues with printing the demo spinner using the dual extruders.

I have attached the .gcode (in zip archive) that comes with the printer on a USB stick which I am attempting to print.

As you will see from the attached images, once it gets to layer 6, step 1072 where it starts using the RIGHT extruder to print the 'spinning' component, it starts printing on an X axis that is way off.

Printing the single extruder demo .gcode works a dream.

I am also completely new to 3D printing, so I may have missed something with setting this print job up - or is it a problem with the code or the printer itself?

Any insight/help will be greatly appreciated!

Cheers

Paul
Attachments
Giveaway Spinner Raise3D_Dual.zip
(925.97 KiB) Downloaded 8 times
IMG_4718.jpg
IMG_4722.jpg

Vicky@Raise3D

Re: Printing Giveaway Spinner Dual .gcode

Postby Vicky@Raise3D » Mon Oct 01, 2018 9:45 pm

Might have wrong offset settings in touchscreen.
Would you like to go to Settings -> More Settings -> Hardware -> Extruder to check the current X Y offset.

You can start from X 25.00, Y 0.00 and calibrate those two values to be more accurate with the dual-extruder model examples in ideaMaker.

nadia.neimad

Postby nadia.neimad » Tue Oct 02, 2018 9:29 am

That was the answer I was after - after setting the right extruder X to 25.00 it worked perfectly!

Thank you for the quick reply

:)

Vicky@Raise3D

Postby Vicky@Raise3D » Tue Oct 02, 2018 5:46 pm

I will suggest you to do a dual extruder calibration for more accurate offset values.
Normally every printer will have 0.x mm's difference.

Return to “Printing Settings”