Pro2 dual extruder raft/support issue

Share your successful printing settings with others here. If you have any question about the parameters or printing skills of some filament, please find here.
Snow

Pro2 dual extruder raft/support issue

Postby Snow » Sat Sep 29, 2018 1:38 pm

Newbie (of course) who never posts anything. Trying to use dual extruders for first print -- Left for PLA, right for polysupport. Support raft (white in image) is not centered under part (red in image). How do I fix this? Is there some setting in ideamaker that shifts the right extruder so its gcode coordinates are the same as the left extruder coordinates? I thought the software would be smart enough to know this.

[img]
https://photos.google.com/photo/AF1QipP ... CeSHa42hog[/img]

Vicky@Raise3D

Re: Pro2 dual extruder raft/support issue

Postby Vicky@Raise3D » Mon Oct 01, 2018 9:27 pm

Your link seems not working.

May I ask your printer settings and your gcode and data files? Normally the preview should show offset properly for dual printing as following in ideaMaker.
1.png

Snow

Postby Snow » Tue Nov 27, 2018 2:43 pm

Sorry for delay -- I have been moving, big job. The new firmware seemed to solve the issue.

I figured out how to upload the bin files for the open filament program but it would be nice if there were instructions posted in a very conspicuous way on the website -- not exactly intuitive.

Someone needs to develop automated or semi-automated z-height adjustment. Reset to zero, measure the actual height, plug that into the machine and it sets (or does a virtual setting) of desired z-height.

Thank you,

Mark Catlin

bunnynnubxo

Postby bunnynnubxo » Wed Nov 28, 2018 8:02 pm

I am wishing for auto-leveling. :)

Return to “Printing Settings”