Pro2 Plus with 1mm nozzle setting

Share your successful printing settings with others here. If you have any question about the parameters or printing skills of some filament, please find here.
bip1978
Posts: 1
Joined: Fri Sep 21, 2018 8:16 am

Pro2 Plus with 1mm nozzle setting

Postby bip1978 » Fri Sep 21, 2018 8:24 am

Hello everyone,
I'm new to the forum and I need your precious help.

The company where I work bought a Pro2 Plus.

Since I have to print large statues I have mounted a 1mm nozzle.

I need advice on how to set the various print parameters to print with a 0.75mm layer.
I'm looking for settings that allow me a fast print without big errors.

As a 1.75mm PLA use material
Thanks so much

Evan
Posts: 124
Joined: Mon Mar 21, 2016 3:07 pm

Re: Pro2 Plus with 1mm nozzle setting

Postby Evan » Sat Sep 22, 2018 3:51 pm

Try it with the standard settings @ 1.2mm extrusion width and start with .6mm layer height. You'll probably have to slow down the print speed a little bit also. If you know the maximum output of the printer in volume, then you can determine the maximum speed based on your desired layer height vs. extrusion width. I don't know what the output capability of the Raise3D machine is otherwise I'd help you. Maybe someone else can chime in.

NewbPilot
Posts: 258
Joined: Tue Jul 26, 2016 2:16 am
Location: West Palm Beach, FL
Contact:

Re: Pro2 Plus with 1mm nozzle setting

Postby NewbPilot » Tue Oct 23, 2018 10:03 pm

Evan wrote:Try it with the standard settings @ 1.2mm extrusion width and start with .6mm layer height. You'll probably have to slow down the print speed a little bit also. If you know the maximum output of the printer in volume, then you can determine the maximum speed based on your desired layer height vs. extrusion width. I don't know what the output capability of the Raise3D machine is otherwise I'd help you. Maybe someone else can chime in.


Can you educate me on how to set the extrusion width at 1.2mm with a 1.0mm nozzle. I never knew you could extrude wider than the width of the nozzle.

Evan
Posts: 124
Joined: Mon Mar 21, 2016 3:07 pm

Re: Pro2 Plus with 1mm nozzle setting

Postby Evan » Wed Oct 24, 2018 3:40 pm

In IdeaMaker, when you click on slice and the template screen pops up, choose your template and click on Edit. Go to Advanced and go to the Extruder tab, 2nd tab. The first setting at the very top is extrusion width. In theory, your extrusion width should be 120% of your nozzle diameter. Your melted plastic is coming out of the nozzle under pressure, so it's going to swell beyond the size of the nozzle as it exits the nozzle. The technical term is called "die swell". There are a lot of research articles on this topic. Here's one for example, http://cdn.intechopen.com/pdfs/40741/In ... ystems.pdf

NewbPilot
Posts: 258
Joined: Tue Jul 26, 2016 2:16 am
Location: West Palm Beach, FL
Contact:

Re: Pro2 Plus with 1mm nozzle setting

Postby NewbPilot » Sat Oct 27, 2018 1:15 pm

bip1978 wrote:Hello everyone,
I'm new to the forum and I need your precious help.

The company where I work bought a Pro2 Plus.

Since I have to print large statues I have mounted a 1mm nozzle.

I need advice on how to set the various print parameters to print with a 0.75mm layer.
I'm looking for settings that allow me a fast print without big errors.

As a 1.75mm PLA use material
Thanks so much


Also curious where you got a 1.0mm nozzle? The Raise3D Store has up to 0.8 - but I would love a 1.0 or 1.2 that FITS the hotend.

zemlin
Posts: 372
Joined: Sat Oct 21, 2017 2:02 pm

Re: Pro2 Plus with 1mm nozzle setting

Postby zemlin » Mon Oct 29, 2018 3:46 pm

I bought a few bags of these: https://www.amazon.com/gp/product/B06XH ... UTF8&psc=1
1mm is one of the sizes in the bag.

NewbPilot
Posts: 258
Joined: Tue Jul 26, 2016 2:16 am
Location: West Palm Beach, FL
Contact:

Re: Pro2 Plus with 1mm nozzle setting

Postby NewbPilot » Wed Oct 31, 2018 12:45 am

zemlin wrote:I bought a few bags of these: https://www.amazon.com/gp/product/B06XH ... UTF8&psc=1
1mm is one of the sizes in the bag.

Ahh nice. I was under the impression those nozzles did not fit the standard V2 Hotend

zemlin
Posts: 372
Joined: Sat Oct 21, 2017 2:02 pm

Re: Pro2 Plus with 1mm nozzle setting

Postby zemlin » Wed Oct 31, 2018 1:20 am

NewbPilot wrote:Ahh nice. I was under the impression those nozzles did not fit the standard V2 Hotend

They are shorter than the Raise nozzles, but they fit fine. They even work with the Silicone Socks. Not a perfect fit, but they work.

Print speed with a 1mm nozzle needs to be slowed down just due to the volume of plastic that needs to be melted, but it still lays down a lot of plastic and big parts print quick.

NewbPilot
Posts: 258
Joined: Tue Jul 26, 2016 2:16 am
Location: West Palm Beach, FL
Contact:

Re: Pro2 Plus with 1mm nozzle setting

Postby NewbPilot » Fri Nov 02, 2018 10:26 pm

zemlin wrote:
NewbPilot wrote:Ahh nice. I was under the impression those nozzles did not fit the standard V2 Hotend

They are shorter than the Raise nozzles, but they fit fine. They even work with the Silicone Socks. Not a perfect fit, but they work.

Print speed with a 1mm nozzle needs to be slowed down just due to the volume of plastic that needs to be melted, but it still lays down a lot of plastic and big parts print quick.

Good to know. So the nozzle is shorter, but the thread is the right size so there aren't any leaks? I didnt screw my R3D 0.8mm nozzle in 100% and there was some leak, so i always worry

zemlin
Posts: 372
Joined: Sat Oct 21, 2017 2:02 pm

Re: Pro2 Plus with 1mm nozzle setting

Postby zemlin » Sat Nov 03, 2018 1:17 am

You have to screw it all the way in until it seats on the face of the throat tube creating a metal-to-metal seal.

zemlin
Posts: 372
Joined: Sat Oct 21, 2017 2:02 pm

Re: Pro2 Plus with 1mm nozzle setting

Postby zemlin » Sat Nov 03, 2018 8:16 am

zemlin wrote:I bought a few bags of these: https://www.amazon.com/gp/product/B06XH ... UTF8&psc=1
1mm is one of the sizes in the bag.

I should note - these fit the N2 hot end. I don't have a Pro.


Return to “Printing Settings”

Who is online

Users browsing this forum: No registered users and 3 guests