Part made of different pices

Share your successful printing settings with others here. If you have any question about the parameters or printing skills of some filament, please find here.
mark_3d

Part made of different pices

Postby mark_3d » Mon Jul 30, 2018 5:33 pm

I have a part that is made of different pices and after printed that it will brake easily. The second image shows how simplify slice the model, and the secondo how cura slice the model. I whant to achive the cura result in simplify.
Attachments
cura.JPG
simplify.JPG

Jetguy

Re: Part made of different pices

Postby Jetguy » Mon Jul 30, 2018 6:06 pm

Jetguy

Postby Jetguy » Mon Jul 30, 2018 6:12 pm

mark_3d wrote:I have a part that is made of different pices and after printed that it will brake easily. The second image shows how simplify slice the model, and the secondo how cura slice the model. I whant to achive the cura result in simplify.

Let's recap this:
You have not properly joined objects with all kinds of geometry mistakes making it incorrect for 3D printing. Put another way, CAD is supposed to be an exact science, precision, every detail with no room for error. The STL (exported from CAD) you are using has errors and conflicting information that when a slicing software like Cura or Simplify 3D or Ideamaker leaves room for interpretation. So great, Cura "guessed" what you consider correctly, vs another slicer following the strict rules read the STL and created gcode based on the rules broken by your STL.

Rather than leave guessing, properly check your model meets the 3D printing requirements. That way, every slicer can read it and get the correct result.

Jetguy

Postby Jetguy » Mon Jul 30, 2018 6:16 pm

A previous topic on basically the same problem. Also contains a setting within ideamaker that can "loosen" the rules and attempt to correct some mistakes- however, I still counter that is just not a good practice, only when nothing else works or you cannot repair the STL properly.
viewtopic.php?f=3&t=7555&p=29730&hilit=geometry#p29730

mark_3d

Postby mark_3d » Mon Jul 30, 2018 10:04 pm

There is a tool to convert the model in a single object with only external walls?

DS2017

Postby DS2017 » Tue Jul 31, 2018 12:03 am

If you want to try your luck, use 3D Builder. It's part of Windows. It has great repair and merge tools.

Return to “Printing Settings”