N2+ stops printing for no reason?? help

Share your successful printing settings with others here. If you have any question about the parameters or printing skills of some filament, please find here.
Biggeek

N2+ stops printing for no reason?? help

Postby Biggeek » Mon Jul 30, 2018 11:48 am

I'm sure this may have been answered somewhere here, but I cant find it..so new post.

So I have been printing consistently on my N2+ for about a month now.. every now and then I have to disassemble the hotend and clean it, re assemble it and calibrate the nozzle/bed so it prints.

This last week has been nothing but failed print after failed print.

So far I have do the following.

installed a new hotend.. still wont print proper

Cleaned out the old hot end, disassembled and re assembled, calibrated etc.. 4 times now.. same issues

Brand new roll of filament, used factory slice settings for the print.. still nothing

Cleaned out the new hot end, disassembled and re assembled, calibrated etc.. 3 times now.. after each failed print same issues

Since putting the new hotend on it, checking all the fans, distance of the nozzle and going back to the standard slice it has printed more of one model, here are pics.
Sometimes it prits the raft and thats it, sometimes the first layer or 2, a couple times 20% of the model, the pics are as much of a model I could get to print so far.

I am at a lose as to what it could be.. never had this many issues.. .lots of issues with this machine but not like this.. any help would be great.
Attachments
2.jpg
1.jpg

Jetguy

Re: N2+ stops printing for no reason?? help

Postby Jetguy » Mon Jul 30, 2018 7:01 pm

I would read this topic viewtopic.php?f=8&t=10032

DS2017

Postby DS2017 » Mon Jul 30, 2018 7:07 pm

when you load filament, does it continuously extrude?

have you tried test printing a different simpler model (like a box)? with new settings?
also try printing on a different slicer

Biggeek

Postby Biggeek » Mon Jul 30, 2018 7:40 pm

Thanks Jetguy I will read that and see if it helps

DS2017
Yes I can load the filament and extrude it for as long as I leave it load for.

I have tried the cube you get with ideaMaker I do have all the latest software/firmware as well. It prints a raft and thats about it for the cube

And I am not sure what you mean by a different slicer? I am trying to just do a basic cube with the basic software, with standard settings. I dont have any other slicers

I have been printing large prints for the last month without much issue.. a few issues when I change filament rolls that get fixed by running the filament through on a load cycle for a few meters.

Biggeek

Postby Biggeek » Wed Aug 01, 2018 10:38 pm

Jetguy wrote:I would read this topic viewtopic.php?f=8&t=10032

So I changed the voltage on the stepper and it seems to be working well now :) thanks. Hopefully it continues to work

Return to “Printing Settings”