ABS and HIPS new settings since 3.3.0 update?

Share your successful printing settings with others here. If you have any question about the parameters or printing skills of some filament, please find here.
Kfleck

ABS and HIPS new settings since 3.3.0 update?

Postby Kfleck » Tue Nov 06, 2018 6:18 pm

Hey All,

I just did all 3 updates on the PRO 2 and all my prints have turned to garbage. My bottom layers look horribly under extruded, even the top layers on a angle look under extruded. The towers have started falling over.
I have tried using the stock settings that came with the upgrade and I tried my custom settings that I had dialed in. I have tried what seems like every combination in between and still can't get a decent print. Is there something I am missing or am I the only one who is having this problem. It seems like the update shouldn't have turned the prints to crap, but prints the day before were great and prints after not so much. I am still new to this printer and would love some ideas to try. also is there an easy way for me to display all my settings with out a bunch of screen shots.
Thanks
Kelsey
Attachments
IMG_2635.JPG
IMG_2633.JPG
Raise 3d Pro 2, IdeaMaker

Shelton

Re: ABS and HIPS new settings since 3.3.0 update?

Postby Shelton » Tue Nov 06, 2018 7:28 pm

The main issue is flow ratio... after some adjustment under different slicer, my PRO is running perfectly!

Raise should work on Idea Maker integrated test for flow calibration for each filament and different settings. Special separate test. My prints were over extruded all time, I was post many topics and use some customer support tickets without luck. Now is ok.

So I have the bad feeling after Bondtech extruder switch... Raise didn't test it enough...

Kfleck

Postby Kfleck » Tue Nov 06, 2018 10:11 pm

Thanks Shelton, So far changing the flowrate up to 100% has helped the most. It was 90%. I have raised the bed temp to 105°C and lowered the extruder temps to 240°C. The obvious changes with Hips is all model to support gaps are Zero. and using dense support at 85% i'm doing this one small tweek at a time and it is getting better but still not as good as I had it before. My next few tests will be with a cylinder shaped object to get the retraction and coasting correct. Also the tower is still trying to peel up/pop off, any suggestions on that would be awesome.
Thanks

Kfleck

Postby Kfleck » Thu Nov 08, 2018 3:57 pm

I thought I had this starting to work again, the test pieces looked ok. so I tried a part and the underside still looks like crap. what the heck could be going on. I'm going to try turning up the "bottom solid fill flowrate".

Shelton

Postby Shelton » Thu Nov 08, 2018 5:46 pm

Kfleck

Postby Kfleck » Thu Nov 08, 2018 9:09 pm

Hey Shelton, Thanks for the guide. I went through the it and found my flowrate wasn't to bad. Ideamaker stock setting is .4mm width. my extrusion width was .385 so I increased the setting stock setting from 90% to 93.9% this should now put me at .4mm width. but I have already tried the flowrate setting at 100% and that still didn't fix the issue. I have also put the bottom solid fill flowrate from 100-120% in incraments of 5% with no real improvement. I can still see through the bottom layer.
Attachments
IMG_2650.JPG

Kfleck

Postby Kfleck » Fri Nov 09, 2018 6:49 pm

Well, I have tried changing the bridging flow rate up to 110% then 120% and 200% and still no luck fixing this bottom layer. I have disabled the bridging detection and that also had no effect. I don't see anything I can change to fix this issue.

Shelton

Postby Shelton » Sat Nov 10, 2018 8:30 am

Z-Axis. Try to adjust is in both direction and check it.

Return to “Printing Settings”