Are bontech settings different to regular ones ie do you have to up speed etc?

Share your successful printing settings with others here. If you have any question about the parameters or printing skills of some filament, please find here.
Spikeysonic

Are bontech settings different to regular ones ie do you have to up speed etc?

Postby Spikeysonic » Sat Sep 22, 2018 7:59 am

Are Bondtech settings different to regular ones ie do you have to up speed etc?

I read they can print out twice as fast and extrude stronger so now I have one its there a Bondtech set of settings for different materials (PLA, Pet G, PVA, NinJAFLEX, Polymaker Poly Support, Polymaker PC Plus, PLA Plus) at each of the three resolutions etc

Are both the extruders now the same speed and strnght wise or is one strill stronger than the other with smaller gaps.

Ie if I have ninja flex or PVA should I stick to one of the extruders?

Do I need to alter Gcode or anythgin first time or everytime?

anythign else I need to know about new extruders?

Evan

Re: Are bontech settings different to regular ones ie do you have to up speed etc?

Postby Evan » Sat Sep 22, 2018 3:39 pm

I suggest you leave everything the same and run a series of test prints as your baseline before going any further. Don't try to change too much all at once and you're going to end up with more problems than you started with. Can you print faster with the bondtech? Sure. Twice as fast? Maybe. Don't forget everything else is still the same. You've only upgraded the extruder, so be reasonable with your expectations so you don't end up frustrated and disappointed.

Spikeysonic

Re: Are bontech settings different to regular ones ie do you have to up speed etc?

Postby Spikeysonic » Sat Sep 22, 2018 3:46 pm

Are both extruders now the same witth bondtec or is one still stronger gor flexibles etc. And when i increase the speed as you suggest bit by bit do i chae things like flow. internal speeds flow rate etc

Evan

Postby Evan » Sat Sep 22, 2018 4:09 pm

I'm not sure what you mean with your first question. As for your second question, you should not need to change anything other than the EStep setting in the touch panel. Flow rate and everything else should remain the same. If you want to print faster, the only thing you should have to change is temperature. Increase the temperature so that the plastic can melt faster to compensate for the higher amount of output. The faster you print, the more material you are dispensing so therefore you need to make sure the hotend is hot enough to melt the plastic but not too hot that you'll end up solidifying the plastic before it could be extruded. That's why I'm suggesting that you start slow and see where your limitations are.

Spikeysonic

Postby Spikeysonic » Sat Sep 22, 2018 4:38 pm

Thanks. I was refering to how the original stock struder had one motet higher than the other with a longer path to the hot end resuling in mor kninked and jammed foxible material etc. Om asking are both bodtech extruders exactly the same or is it better to put softer materials in the rightbor left extruder

EldRick

Postby EldRick » Sat Sep 22, 2018 4:53 pm

The answer is that they are the same.

BTW, consider proofreading your posts before you hit the Submit button - they are almost completely unreadable.

Spikeysonic

Postby Spikeysonic » Sat Sep 22, 2018 6:16 pm

Sorry typed in a hurry on a phone.

Return to “Printing Settings”