Nozzle hits the other object when jumping from one to other

Share your successful printing settings with others here. If you have any question about the parameters or printing skills of some filament, please find here.
froth

Nozzle hits the other object when jumping from one to other

Postby froth » Wed Aug 15, 2018 5:34 pm

Hello
I have problem with my pro 2 plus.During printing with one nozzle it hits the other object when jumping from one to other. It hits to cause the small layer shift like 1mm or even it can make the object fall down its thin one. The problem is making the working nozzle, so the other is properly higher.
What can cause that issue?

Many thx for help

Vicky@Raise3D

Re: Nozzle hits the other object when jumping from one to other

Postby Vicky@Raise3D » Thu Aug 16, 2018 1:43 am

Make sure that you have confirmed the distance between nozzle and build plate with feeler gauge inside accessory box.
And you can enable Z hop in ideaMaker to avoid such issues.

froth

Postby froth » Fri Aug 17, 2018 7:45 am

I did the probe testing. What I revealed is that the right back corner is much higher then the rest and it is impossible there to insert the probe between the table and nozzle. In front part of the table the space is enough to accommodate easily the probe 0.2mm.
How should I level it?
Please some tutorial ASAP cause I have some important printing with deadline :(

thank you for your help

Vicky@Raise3D

Postby Vicky@Raise3D » Sat Aug 18, 2018 1:08 am

Here you go:
https://www.raise3d.com/pages/bed-level ... truction-1

If too high, loosen the two set screws around and tighten the nut in middle.
If too low, loosen the nut in middle and tighten (push up) the two set screws around.

If any unclear part, please submit a support ticket at help.raise3d.com for more technical help.

froth

Postby froth » Sun Aug 19, 2018 9:45 am

I leveled the bed so the nozzle is a little bit higher right now and what has happened has made the condition worse.
Now, I have problem with printing even one object at the time. It happens exactly on the same hight as before.
I think that what is causing the problem is due to straightening of the printout. I am printing geometry of ass with thin wall - 1mm. So the curvature straightens making the printout being higher and causing nozzle to hit it and eventually to fall it down. It happens on the 10th cm of printing.
I am printing with Colorfab PLA 90% extrusion, no cover, temperature 205C, layer height 0.3mm, fans 100% (speed profile from IDeamaker)

but it hard to blame the settings cause I printed with Raise PLA and with medium speed settings but with different model that was so complex that it was impossible to knock down and I had some small layer shifts and during printing I heard some cracks when the nozzle hit the model from time to time.

What is important to add is that I use rafts and the first layer looks amazing good. Even the first 9-10cm looks very good and then it happens...

froth

Postby froth » Sun Aug 19, 2018 1:03 pm

ok i was wrong. The deformation is because of the nozzle squeezing the model at some point.

I observed the whole print. The problem with one object starts when it want to print some support which starts on almost vertical wall (see photo). it didn't succeed and later itch catches some parts of this wrong support.
IMG_0979.jpg

Vicky@Raise3D

Postby Vicky@Raise3D » Fri Aug 24, 2018 2:01 am

Have you ever tried with Z hop and with lower printing speed?

Return to “Printing Settings”