Print keeps failing; Please help!

Any topics that don't fall into above categories. Please note that your thread may be moved to other discussion boards.
Mgiese

Print keeps failing; Please help!

Postby Mgiese » Sun May 21, 2017 8:55 pm

Hey all,

I am trying to print a simple vertical tube but for some reason the print fails at the same spot every time. It's a 13 hour print and within the last hour the print fails the same exact way every time. It looks like something in the machine is causing the heads to step to one side and causes the part to fail. See images below for some of the failed parts. There is also ripples and weird plastic layering that are on both parts at the same spot. Seems like something is bent. It fails about a 8" height.

Any idea on what is causing this?
IMG_1920.JPG
IMG_1921.JPG

Thanks!

Vicky@Raise3D

Re: Print keeps failing; Please help!

Postby Vicky@Raise3D » Mon May 22, 2017 7:20 am

Can you please try a simple test cube and scale it in Z direction to the same height as the tube? Check whether the problem happens at the same height as this.

Mgiese

Postby Mgiese » Tue May 23, 2017 4:25 pm

I printed a test cylinder up to and past the height of the failed print and the test cylinder printed just fine. I went to print the real part again and something weird happened. It looks like the belt may have slipped, therefore shifting the head to the right mid print and failing. This happened at a different height as the previous shift failures. See pics below. Any idea what would be causing these? Thanks!
shift.jpg

Wolfman

Postby Wolfman » Tue May 23, 2017 5:02 pm

I would guess the second nozzle strikes the model and causes that shift?

Vicky@Raise3D

Postby Vicky@Raise3D » Wed May 24, 2017 3:42 am

If the problem is due to belt, please check whether the belt if loose or not. If the belt is too loose, its teeth will skip from the pulleys' teeth.

Return to “Others”