layers shifting

Any topics that don't fall into above categories. Please note that your thread may be moved to other discussion boards.
jafk

layers shifting

Postby jafk » Fri May 05, 2017 6:26 am

we started printing in raise 3d n2 dual since last week there is a problem of layer shifting. the starting layers are printing fine when the height increases then it starts shifting. i checked the pulleys and belts they are fine,the files are fine but i cannot identify the problem................can any one give me a solution for this

Vicky@Raise3D

Re: layers shifting

Postby Vicky@Raise3D » Fri May 05, 2017 6:38 am

Do all the shiftings happen at the same direction? Left and right or front and back?
Do shiftings happen at different structures models?
Do shiftings happen even just with a simple test cube?
Have you watched the printing process? Would the nozzle hit the model?

walshlg

Postby walshlg » Fri May 05, 2017 1:47 pm

if its pla then there is a good chance that you are getting edge curl (the edges curl UP because of the heat from the entire hotend). If to you can usually see it happen. Make sure the fan vents aren't covered and you may need to open the side door. Insulating the hotend helps.

Of course this may have nothing to do with it, but it is something to consider.

jafk

Postby jafk » Sat May 06, 2017 5:05 am

the shifting is happening in same direction i,e left direction and it happens for different structure but yesterday two prints each of 2 hours printed good and after that we tried to print another then it started shifting why it is happening

Vicky@Raise3D

Postby Vicky@Raise3D » Sat May 06, 2017 5:40 pm

If all the shiftings happen at the same direction, the stepper driver may possibly have problem.
Switch the X & Y stepper driver to check whether the problem moves to the other direction. If so, that should be due to a problem driver.
The drivers are on the motion board and motion board inside electronic box, which is a black plastic box with flashing logo at the right bottom corner of your machine.
Cut off the power, and exchange X & Y. There are 5 drivers there. The bottom black two are X & Y.
You can shoot a ticket to our support system for more help.
Attachments
1.png

jafk

Postby jafk » Wed May 10, 2017 5:45 am

thanks for the suggestion

but all of a sudden the printer started to print fine do know what happened

Return to “Others”