Initial setup...

Any topics that don't fall into above categories. Please note that your thread may be moved to other discussion boards.
retdes

Initial setup...

Postby retdes » Mon Mar 20, 2017 3:00 pm

Hi. Was wondering if i could get some urgent help. Just setup a N2+ or of the box and am encountering a few probs..

First being that i cannot load material into the left nozzle. It did secrete some yellow material at first, then just started clicking. The right nozzle loads first time as expected.

Secondly​, i tried a test print using right nozzle only. Seemed fine at first, until the left nozzle started running into what had been printed !?!?!

Also then, the right nozzle stopped laying down the material (in this case PETG)

Was just wondering if there was a basic setup guide for beginners (my Zortrax M200 worked straight from the box ! )

Thanks

lami3d

Re: Initial setup...

Postby lami3d » Mon Mar 20, 2017 4:33 pm

if you run only right extruder you may remove the left extruder or move it above the right nozzle to avoid the left noozle to hit
(it's the opposite when you print with left extrduer only, remove the right one or move it up).

you have to understand well how this printer is designed to modify it in accordance with your needs (extruder height, cooling, temperature, cover or not but it can be more than that...).

i have only 2 raise3d and 6 monthes in 3d printing but zortrax seems to be less versatile but the factory settings are already ready to print with zortrax spools... but less versatile.

Maybe, left extruder is clogged so you have to remove and clean the hot end, you will find a lot of way to do that on the boards.

Vicky@Raise3D

Postby Vicky@Raise3D » Thu Apr 13, 2017 10:37 am

If you have taken pictures of the not extruding problem of your left nozzle, can you please share them onto our ticket system with the serial number of your machine.

For the nozzle height, we set right nozzle a little higher than left by default. If you want to use right nozzle, you need to move it a little down to match the height of left nozzle.

NewGuy

Postby NewGuy » Thu Jul 27, 2017 3:36 pm

When printing with only one extruder, you might as well take off the other nozzle.

As for the clogging issues, I would clean the nozzles until you can see light go through it with nothing in the way. I use a heat gun to warm the nozzle, clean it using the cleaning needle, and repeat until you can see through it. I would also recommend using cleaning filament (you can get it from eSun) and loading about eight inches of it before loading your filament.

PETG is fickle. Make sure it is stored properly otherwise any moisture it absorbs could change the diameter.

Return to “Others”