Palette/Jetguy

Any topics that don't fall into above categories. Please note that your thread may be moved to other discussion boards.
Rogman

Palette/Jetguy

Postby Rogman » Thu Mar 16, 2017 7:21 pm

The Palette I ordered last May has finally come in and I want to set it up but I have a quick question that jetguy or another Palette owner might be able to help me with. If I set the Palette up on either my N2 or N2+ do I have to run single color though the Palette also or can I easily bypass it? My 2 Raise3D printers run 24/7 and I don't want the Palette getting that much abuse. I have 2 expendable modded Rep2's, Rostock max V2, and ultimaker2 that are ok but the print quality is not as good as the Raise3D's that I could put the Palette on. I welcome anyone's thought or ideas. :)

sylus

Re: Palette/Jetguy

Postby sylus » Thu Mar 16, 2017 8:54 pm

Ordered also, but not received.
Maybe use only right extruder with palette an left for usual print

Jetguy

Postby Jetguy » Fri Mar 17, 2017 1:55 am

Just bypass it. It's completely external, you just use the normal filament guide path. You can go through the encoder and tube or not, doesn't really matter.

Rogman

Postby Rogman » Fri Mar 17, 2017 6:57 pm

Thanks for the replies. Sylus, I thought about that, but I have the Bondtech set-up and I didn't want to run a multi-spliced filament through a Bowden style extruder. With the extra retraction needed with a Bowden I was worried about the stress on the splices. Jetguy, Thank you, that's what I wanted to know. :D

bellatrixzen

Postby bellatrixzen » Wed Jul 05, 2017 9:08 pm

I'm curious how you guys have your palettes set up. I'm also waiting for shipping, but am trying to figure out exactly how I will arrange things.
I currently feed from spools hanging above the N2+, no top cover, no guide tubes.
My printer is in the right hand corner of a room and I don't use the internal spool area.
Wondering how "Flexible" placement of the little encoder is.

I dont plan on leaving Palette inline unless I'm using it I suppose, so I'm trying to figure things out before arrival of the unit...
Any info is appreciated.. Pics of your feed setup would be stellar!
Thanks!

Jetguy

Postby Jetguy » Wed Jul 05, 2017 9:37 pm

I can try and make a video and picture guide. I can explain in depth all the potential mounting options, placement, pros and cons.
Just give me a few days- maybe next weekend.

I know the system inside and out and talk closely with the folks at Mosaic. We'll definitely get you a solution.

bellatrixzen

Postby bellatrixzen » Wed Jul 05, 2017 9:46 pm

You sir, are a steely-eyed missile man.

Thanks!

Return to “Others”