Don't extrude at all when starting to print

Any topics that don't fall into above categories. Please note that your thread may be moved to other discussion boards.
sgeolog

Don't extrude at all when starting to print

Postby sgeolog » Thu Feb 02, 2017 1:45 pm

Hello,

Another problem... I am using Colorful PLA filament from Raise 3D. Before it was printing well. Maybe sometimes some problems. Now when i start to print it does not extrude at all. I still can load and unload filament. In that moment looks good but when it starting movement to printing position I hear a little noise (filament does not going thru, clicking) and to extrusion at all. I stop or pause the print, unload and reload filament and then the same story. Printed the same detail with different filament - everything looks good.
Please, I need your advise.

Thank you
Sergey

walshlg

Re: Don't extrude at all when starting to print

Postby walshlg » Thu Feb 02, 2017 6:05 pm

sounds like you filament drive nut is slipping on the filament. You may just need to add 10C to print head. BUT if this continues then you may want to put in some washers to tilt the stepper/ drive nut to make stronger contact with filament.

sgeolog

Postby sgeolog » Thu Feb 02, 2017 6:15 pm

Why does it print with different filament then?

swampy

Postby swampy » Thu Feb 02, 2017 7:15 pm

different filaments different textures and slightly different sizes only by .1mm or .2mm plus different colours have different properties white can be bad its to do with the pigments they use to make the colour it sounds supid but the more i see the more i learn i have a snow white petg and that is super shinny its a weird one to print with i get 2 different colours of it with my two printers think heat has something to do with it as well

walshlg

Postby walshlg » Fri Feb 03, 2017 9:16 pm

Also within the same roll it can change as the inner part has had time to pick up more moisture

Return to “Others”