Wipe Wall

Any topics that don't fall into above categories. Please note that your thread may be moved to other discussion boards.
sgeolog

Wipe Wall

Postby sgeolog » Tue Nov 01, 2016 4:14 pm

Hi,

I am still printing building. I decided to print it straight up is 2 colors with support. Structure one color and support with transparent blue (looks like glass). I printed first one with wipe wall and another without it. Both printed well but.... Wipe wall is very close to the building and it is impossible to remove it completely. Can the wipe wall be printed let's say 1 mm from the model?
Attachments
3.jpg

walshlg

Re: Wipe Wall

Postby walshlg » Tue Nov 01, 2016 4:55 pm

the clear blue is a nice addition to the model. If the wipewall is sticking then you are getting too much ooze - you may want to test with lower print temperature and more retraction to decrease the oozing.

It will be interesting to hear what Vicky says - I've been printing in flexible filaments and the oozing is terrible - clean up takes many hours. and adding retraction makes it jam. One tool that I found to be especially useful is the flat end nippers like this:
https://www.amazon.com/uxcell-Nipper-Cu ... B00524WTO4

sgeolog

Postby sgeolog » Tue Nov 01, 2016 5:42 pm

Thank you. I am going to print now small piece of it just to test.

sgeolog

Postby sgeolog » Tue Nov 01, 2016 8:41 pm

So, I changed temperature to 205 and min amount of retraction to .2. Now it is better but still not easy to remove.
4.jpg
5.jpg

Tomorrow I will increase retraction to .5 and print again.

Thanks

Vicky@Raise3D

Postby Vicky@Raise3D » Wed Nov 02, 2016 7:31 am

I think your model is not suit for our WipeWall.

Our current WipeWall has 2mm offset to the model. But no offset to the support. So the WipeWall will mix with support.
1.png

Our considerasion is the support structure and WipeWall structure will both be removed after. Or there is no enough space for WipeWall.

So your problem is the WipeWall mixing with Support. And you cannot remove the support structure of the model. Because the inner structure of the model is too complex.
Maybe you need to try some other slicing software.

sylus

Postby sylus » Wed Nov 02, 2016 9:24 am

Vicky@Raise3D wrote:I think your model is not suit for our WipeWall.

Our current WipeWall has 2mm offset to the model. But no offset to the support. So the WipeWall will mix with support.
1.png

Our considerasion is the support structure and WipeWall structure will both be removed after. Or there is no enough space for WipeWall.

So your problem is the WipeWall mixing with Support. And you cannot remove the support structure of the model. Because the inner structure of the model is too complex.

Maybe other option for wipe wall could be implemented ( as S3D): waterfall,adaptive or vertical

sgeolog

Postby sgeolog » Wed Nov 02, 2016 12:17 pm

Vicky, you are correct. Wipe wall is attached to support in some locations and because I want to use support like glass I have to keep it. Maybe I have to play with support to move it inside...

walshlg

Postby walshlg » Wed Nov 02, 2016 5:06 pm

yes manual support may be necessary

Vicky@Raise3D

Postby Vicky@Raise3D » Thu Nov 03, 2016 6:35 am

sylus wrote:
Vicky@Raise3D wrote:I think your model is not suit for our WipeWall.

1.png

Maybe other option for wipe wall could be implemented ( as S3D): waterfall,adaptive or vertical

Thanks for your suggestion. We will take a look to check whether we can develop some other options of WipeWall.

sgeolog

Postby sgeolog » Fri Nov 04, 2016 4:52 pm

I thought we can control support but how i understand it can be moved only outside of the model, not inside. I printed few tests with different settings anyway. You can see, that support in some areas almost perfect but in some.... not so good. Model itself also printing not so good. maybe it just filament or I changed something.
Attachments
20161104_123520.jpg

walshlg

Postby walshlg » Mon Nov 07, 2016 2:13 pm

I agree the model is not printing well and that is a place you can improve quality. May I suggest doing multiple prints of the same model at diffferent print speeds, print temperature and retraction amounts.

I don't like the corners, something is wrong. Do test cubes print well?

I looks like the materials are overlapping on each other -> first try printing the solid color and see if the print is better, then check on the dual head alignment -> If THAT is off then that could explain a large number of problems.

here is the dual head test object:
http://www.thingiverse.com/thing:1741265

sgeolog

Postby sgeolog » Thu Nov 10, 2016 3:08 pm

Thank you. I will print few tests today and see what happen. Printed something else few days ago, was good.

sgeolog

Postby sgeolog » Thu Nov 10, 2016 7:04 pm

So, I printed few test and got more or less correct setting and printed with 1 color and 2 colors. this is front
2.jpg
and this is back.
1.jpg
. 1 color prints better and back side is better then front. Maybe because when it prints front yellow color (R nozzle), first nozzle (red) runs over the yellow and yellow is loosing quality. When it prints yellow on the back 1 nozzle in front and already 1 layer up. So, i decided to rotate detail 90 and result will be soon.

sgeolog

Postby sgeolog » Thu Nov 10, 2016 8:11 pm

Have the result of printing:
Front
4.jpg

Back
3.jpg

I can say now that nozzles create problems because they run over the print. Probably does not level well. However, I printed full building with this set, it was ok.
6.jpg

Any ideas?
Thanks

walshlg

Postby walshlg » Fri Nov 11, 2016 6:01 pm

My suggestions:
1) it looks like your solid colors are all stringing too mch. First thing - play with settings - decrease head temperature, increase retraction, print slower etc - work on ooze first.
2) it sounds like your heads may not be level. Leveling the heads to each other is very difficult AND they can shift over time just on normal use ( I just found that on mine !) So work hard on getting the dual heads to match within 50 um.
3) it may help to insulate your hot blocks. I have even insulated my nozzles (difficult to do as hot kapton isn't very sticky so I use rings of silicon tube to hold it on)

sgeolog

Postby sgeolog » Fri Nov 11, 2016 7:00 pm

Thank you a lot. I will try starting with easy one :)

walshlg

Postby walshlg » Tue Nov 15, 2016 6:05 pm

level the heads to each other - it may take a few hours and a lot of starting over but IMHO it is the most crucial.

sgeolog

Postby sgeolog » Wed Nov 16, 2016 7:17 pm

I know but.... I hate when i am doing it. I even don't know how it will work because no matter what it is a guess. I my opinion it has to be something (maybe even printed) like a clip with holes maybe for hot ends. You hung it to metal part where filament goes in, then lift hot ends, fix that clip to sit well and drop hot ends to end of that clip. Something like this. We will try to design it.
Attachments
20161116_141106.jpg

walshlg

Postby walshlg » Thu Nov 17, 2016 1:08 pm

I was thinking a big thumbwheel to dial a top stop up or down. Yes aligning the dual heads is aweful and I basicly do it over and over and over again until it is acceptable.

sgeolog

Postby sgeolog » Thu Nov 17, 2016 3:11 pm

I have this idea in my head now... will design and print it maybe in 2-3 weeks

Return to “Others”